Friday, August 15, 2008

Simple Things :: cps 77

I finally got around to making a card based on this week's Card Positioning Systems (CPS) sketch. Their sponsor is Inque. I meant to use some of the Inque Boutique stamps that I have, but as you can see I did not do any stamping on this one.

It's a good looking card, I'll say for myself. At least one that I like. I did not like the first row of stitching when I started and I almost ditched the whole thing. But I kept sewing. I thought that the stitch was too wide. And I used craft thread, which is a bit thicker and the stitches need to be further apart.

I'm really into the grungy look = distressed edges. I pulled out the old guitar picks from AMM and the old American Crafts ribbon too. Good stuff. Using up the stash. Oh, this is an open-faced card.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock and colored chipboard: Die Cuts With A View (DCWV)
patterned paper: Basic Grey and K&Co.
flower die cut: Sizzix
guitar pick: AMM
ribbon: American Crafts
heart die cut: CuttleKids
embellishment: Dress It Up
other: distresser and sewing machine

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Lea L. said...

This card is so pretty!! I love the colors, the stitching...the distressing. All of it is fab! Great job with CPS 77!

~Lea

August 15, 2008 12:21 PM  
Blogger Lorraine Robertson said...

What a great card & personally I love the stitching. Fab layout & colour combo. How neat to use a plectrum...

Rainbow lady's challenge this week is based on music so you should join that one too...

Lorraine xxx

August 15, 2008 2:39 PM  
Blogger Debbie Olson said...

I LOVE it--the stitching is gorgeous, love the guitar pick--everything!

August 15, 2008 9:48 PM  
Blogger Charity Hassel said...

oh. love the homespun feel of this! really great use of the cps sketch!

August 15, 2008 10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your card is `Gorgeous` ..love the stitching:)x

August 16, 2008 5:08 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Beautiful card! You made some of your older stash look fabulous. It always feel great to use something you've cast aside for awhile.

August 16, 2008 12:41 PM  
Blogger Laura Williams said...

very pretty - and way to use your stash!!! :) always a good thing!

August 16, 2008 8:48 PM  
Blogger debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, love the distressing and the papers you've used.

August 19, 2008 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home