Thursday, August 14, 2008

Girlfriends :: 2 Sketches 4 You

It seems as if I was missing my mojo for a minute here. I've been putting off working on this week's 2 Sketches 4 You sketch because I could not figure out which direction to take this card. You would think that having a sketch would make things more simple. That's a good assessment however, this week the prize and sponsor is the Scor-it.

And I've discovered that I am not the only one who'd like to have this as one of their craft tools. Well since the ante is so high, so is the creativity. I scouted out some of my competition and decided that I would rather take this week off - especially after making the Fab 5 last week; then I thought better of it and here I am in the thick of the quest for a Scor-it. May this week's craftiest crafter win.

I like this card w/it's weathered look but w/a touch of 'pretty'.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:

cardstock: Bazzill and Die Cuts With A View (DCWV)
patterned paper: K&Co. and Basic Grey
stamps: Studio G/Michaels $1 (girlfriends) and Autumn Leaves/Rhonna Farrer (flourish)
charm: Making Memories
twine: Crafts Etc.
pearls: Mark Richards
embossing powder: Ranger and Joann
ink: VersaMark and Tim Holtz/Ranger
other: distresser and sewing machine

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Laura Davis said...

This is beautiful!! I love the metal charm & all the swirls:) I think our mojo is back!
Laura

August 14, 2008 9:02 PM  
Blogger danni reid. said...

what a beautiful card, i love your charm too, it adds so much

August 14, 2008 9:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kim I love the distressed look on your cards - they are so cool :)

August 14, 2008 11:11 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Beautiful card -- love the details! :)

August 14, 2008 11:46 PM  
Blogger Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous gorgeous card for the sketch - love the muted colourway and two of my fav papers K & Co and BG...well it wouold appear that your mojo is well and truly back - fabulous
Kath
xxxxx

August 15, 2008 2:51 AM  
Blogger anne bodil said...

Wow!! Wath a beautiful card!! and I Love al the details!

August 15, 2008 5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh I love your card:)I love the charm and the swirls...wery sophisticated and classy:)
Have a great Day:)x

August 15, 2008 7:04 AM  
Blogger Joke said...

Your card turned out very lovely. Great take on the sketch.

Joke

August 15, 2008 11:30 AM  
Blogger Peet said...

gorgeous card...love it!!!

August 15, 2008 12:25 PM  
Blogger Lorraine Robertson said...

What a fab take on this weeks sketch. The papers & colours are fab.

Lorraine xxx

August 15, 2008 2:36 PM  
Blogger Jeni Glee said...

Oh my goodness, this card is FABULOUS! WOW!!!!!

August 15, 2008 3:30 PM  
Blogger **Nancy** said...

WOWZERS!!! Your card is amazing!!! Love it!

August 15, 2008 3:56 PM  
Blogger Hanneke van der Linde said...

This is cool, i love the distressed lok on you card!

August 16, 2008 4:22 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

love the swirls, great cards
AllisonX

August 17, 2008 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home