Saturday, August 09, 2008

Someone's Turning 40 ...

... and I don't know who it is. My girlfriend asked me to make her several 4oth birthday cards for her girlfriends who will be turning 40 in the coming months. On some of the cards, there is a sentiment inside that says "You're not turning 40, you're 22 with 18 years of experience!" So true.

These were fun to make. Especially the one's w/the Black women on the front. I used Photoshop for those. I was working w/a scanned image and I converted the image into a brush. I used a muted brown color to give the image a vintage look. The only downside is that the image is not as crisp as I would have liked it to be. But I did print it out on patterned paper so that the focus would not be on the image. I should have went w/the frayed/distressed edges too ... oh, well.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
Dress Card (above)
cardstock: Bazzill and craft supply
patterned paper: A Muse and K&Co.
ribbon: Michaels
dress die cut and scalloped circle: Quickutz
stamp: Stampin Up!
ovals: Nestabilities
dry embossing: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
flower die cut: EK Success
bling: unknown
sentiment: created w/Photoshop

Black Women Card (above)
cardstock: Bazzill
patterned paper: K&Co.
ribbon: Offray
jump ring and metal embellishment: Making Memories
sentiment and image: created using Photoshop
other: sewing

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Enfys said...

I love both of these, that sprawly celebrate word looks great, and the black women card is stunning and so unusual.

August 09, 2008 2:23 PM  
Blogger MThornton said...

I lovvvvvvve it!!!

August 09, 2008 8:08 PM  
Blogger danni reid. said...

so adorable! she ought to LOVE them!

August 09, 2008 11:25 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

Adorable!!!
Love it!!!

Sony :)

August 11, 2008 10:02 AM  
Blogger papertrails leaver said...

These cards are so fantastic!

August 12, 2008 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home