Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Making of a Mini Book

I got started on this mini book late last week. Well, actually, the week before. I'd been on Donna Downey's blog and she posted a video about making album pages using newspaper. So I got out the old newspapers and my glue stick and started on the pages. After tearing and gluing and inking up my fingers something awful, I had about six pages. I let them dry and then I used one layer of acrylic paint and I let that dry. That's when I took a break.

What to do w/these messy pages ... I finally jotted down some items that I could include in an "All About Me" album. I've been wanting to make more mini books ... why not now?

Well, I've made much progress, but it's an interesting process for me. The very reason why I like to make cards - I feel that I can do nothing else until this album is complete. Bummer for me especially since I had to order a wallet-sized picture of my Jeep; that would be a 'special' order ... maybe it will arrive in the mail tomorrow.

Meanwhile ... here's a look at the cover. Love this. Oh another thing, I decided that I would only use scraps and other embellishments that were laying around and/or had never been used before. I like the collage/eclectic look too.


Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:

base: cardboard
patterned paper: K&Co. Basic Grey, craft supply
chipboard elements: American Crafts
twine: Darice
flower: Prima
letter stickers: American Crafts and Paper Studio
button and bling: unknown
stamp: Inkadinkadoo
ink: Tim Holtz/Ranger
other: Fiskars Texture Plates

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Savitri said...

Super cute! I can't wait to see the whole thing! Now... the wallet size thing... don't you have Photoshop or something like that? Put two wallet size photos on one 4x6 page and do a regular print locally -- regular order! I have a tut on my site if it doesn't make sense. Cheap too!!

August 13, 2008 9:47 AM  
Blogger Lorraine Robertson said...

Adore your cover, fab layout.

Lorraine xxx

August 14, 2008 8:47 AM  
Blogger Sherry Wright said...

This turned out great, lovely work!!

August 14, 2008 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home