Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Another Thanks :: 2 Sketches 4 You

I'm back in action on the crafting front. I was planning to travel again this weekend, but it takes such effort for me to pack and prepare for traveling that I am 80% certain that I will not go anywhere this weekend.. Thus giving me more time to craft.

Oh, if you get a chance, check out my recent article on Craft Critique about card sketch sites.

I was going to wait to work on the 2 Sketches 4 You (2S4Y) sketch, but I managed to get my ATCs done. I'm in three different ATC swaps on the SIS TV Swap Board. Fun stuff too. I have them all done and two sets will be postal sometime tomorrow. Point is, I got that done since the deadline is Monday and I was still feelin crafty, so wah-lah (sp).

Nice sketch Laura ... just simple enough yet leaving ample room to improvise. How about that bow? I am not good at tying bows. For this one, I tied the bow before I cut the ribbon from the spool. I tied the bow just like I tie my shoe laces. It worked to this, but sometimes not - get it, (k)not. ;-) Oh, and this card is a mini: 5x3.5.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Bazzill
patterned paper: K&Co.
ribbon: Martha Stewart
pearls: Mark Richards
stamp: Stampabilities
ink: VersaMark and VersaMagic
embossing powder: Ranger
other: sewing

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Laura Davis said...

Kim
this card is beautiful and your bow is perfect! Thank you for your awesome review!!!
Your the best:)
Laura

September 09, 2008 9:14 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

This is gorgeous -- the bow is perfect! I love the colors you chose for the card! :)

September 09, 2008 2:26 PM  
Blogger Joke said...

I love the pearls, they really complete this lovely card.

September 09, 2008 3:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such an elegant card...I love the pearls.

September 10, 2008 3:15 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

It's beautiful, the row of pearls under the thanks is just perfect!

September 10, 2008 5:35 AM  
Blogger Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card for the sketch Kim and your bow is perfect..love the pearls
Love
kath
xxxx

September 10, 2008 11:48 AM  
Blogger Eveline said...

Lovely card. Beautiful colors.
Eveline

September 10, 2008 3:08 PM  
Blogger ~Carla~ said...

Lovely card! Love the twill ribbon!

September 10, 2008 6:19 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

This card is fabulous! Love the colors, and the row of pearls under the sentiment is the perfect touch to this beautiful card, Kim!

September 10, 2008 9:35 PM  
Blogger papertrails leaver said...

Oh love this paper! Very nicely done!

September 12, 2008 7:13 AM  
Blogger Eva said...

Gorgeous card!!!! Love it!!!

September 13, 2008 2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home