Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Latest Mini Book

I finished this little cutie last week. I was begrudgingly waiting on wallet sized pix via snail mail. Savitri politely reminded me that I could create a 4x6 image using Photoshop. I know, I know ... next time. Not to mention that the pic (of the Jeep) is a glossy and I have a preference for matte finish.

I had some fun w/this. My motivation for this was a video from Donna Downey's blog. She was using newspaper and a glue stick to make pages for one of her albums. I thought "how easy is that?". Yeah, and messy too. The combination of ink and glue on my hands nearly drove me crazy. Though I would do it again.

I used lots of embellies on this one. Like the American Crafts thickers; the Making Memories expoxys, lots of buttons and flowers. Using up my stash.

The front and back cover is cardboard. I used some sort of yarn to keep it together. Oh, and I pulled out the seldom used Crop A Dile to punch the holes.

The one technique that I used was stamping on the letters, which can be seen on the cover.

These are just some of the pages. I may do a slide show to show the entire book.

This was ultra fun ... thanks for looking, here's some of what I used:
patterned paper: Basic Grey and K&Co.
paint: Making Memories and Plaid
letter stamps: Making Memories magnetic alphabet
chipboard letters and foam letters: American Crafts
plastic letters: Paper Studio
flower (cover): Prima

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Savitri said...

SUPER CUTE! Glad you got it done!! Now, me want a Jeep! I've always wanted one. Maybe one day :)

August 28, 2008 10:35 AM  
Blogger Eva said...

WOW....this is soooo cute!

August 29, 2008 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home