Monday, August 18, 2008

Thanks :: 2 Sketches 4 You

Well, another Monday and another new sketch on 2 Sketches 4 You. I thought I'd jump in early because it's a busy week and not as much time for crafting. As a matter of fact, I may just miss out on this week's Blog Hop over @ Papertrey Ink. Actually, I can't think of anything creative to do w/a cd case, which is this week's challenge ... oh, well, I'll keep thinking on it.

So am I the distress queen or what? I just like the look. Though I was not going to distress the edges on this card ... but it just looked too plain, so I grabbed my handy Making Memories distresser and went to town. There's also a cool tutorial about distressing edges on CPS (I'll definitely get to their sketch before the week is out).

I also used some paper that I recently used for another card here. Oh, and that striped Sassafrass Lass paper. I made some Christmas card kits several years ago, so I fetched one of the panels because it matched up nicely w/the decorative edge paper. Love it when things come together; it's so rewarding, eh? (no, I am not Canadian, but I used to hang out in Toronto ... ha).

Oh and one more thing, that epoxy circle, that is one of those $1 goodies from Colorbok that are at Joann. Nice.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: craft supply (Hollo's)
patterned paper: Sassafras Lass and Creative Imaginations
stamp: Hero Arts
ink: VersaMark
embossing powder: Ranger
square punch: Marvy
flower punch: EK Success
paper flower: Prima
button: Foof a la
brad: Bazzill ??
bling: Darice
circle epoxy: Colorbok
chipboard: DCWV
flower die cut: Cuttlebug
floss: DMC
other: sewing machine

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love this vintagy/distressy look - i wanted to try it too but don't have a distressing thingamabob but I will go over to CPS and check out their tutorial - thanks for the heads-up Kim :)

August 19, 2008 12:30 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Awesome card, Kim! I love the distressing you did on it, and the Creative Imaginations paper you used on this is one of my all-time favorites (yeah, I'm still hoarding a couple of them that I don't want to use just quite yet...LOL!). Love all the details! Beautiful work!

BTW...thanks for making me smile by leaving such a funny comment on my blog. I couldn't help but laugh...you really brightened up my day! ;-D

August 19, 2008 1:49 AM  
Blogger Ã…shild said...

Gorgeous card! I love distressing, too :) Cute flowers! Thanks for sharing :)

August 19, 2008 2:11 AM  
Blogger Joke said...

Lovelty card, great colours and embellishments.

Joke

August 19, 2008 4:44 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

love the colours great card and the stitching is fab
AllisonX

August 19, 2008 11:08 AM  
Blogger ~Carla~ said...

Beautiful! Love the colours! Thanks for playing along with 2S4Y this week! :)

August 19, 2008 10:00 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Kett said...

Very cool card! I love how you accented it!

August 20, 2008 12:11 AM  
Blogger Lindsay Spencer said...

Very, very cute. I love the colors you chose.

August 20, 2008 2:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

gorgeous!

August 20, 2008 11:50 AM  
Blogger Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card for the sketch - love the distressed look and I just use the edge of my scissors to rough up the paper
Kath
xxxxx

August 20, 2008 4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE your paper, beautiful card. I love the distressing, I need to learn how to do that!

August 20, 2008 5:53 PM  
Blogger Lea L. said...

Gorgeous card...I love all the fun accents you used! Great job with the sketch!

~lea

August 20, 2008 8:38 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

This is gorgeous -- love the colors!

August 21, 2008 12:02 AM  
Blogger Jozza said...

Ooh this is gorgeous! I love the vintage look and the stitching!

xxx

August 21, 2008 3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovin your card it is `Beautiful` TFS!!!:)x

August 22, 2008 4:04 PM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

This card is beautiful. I love the distress look, and your choice of papers and embellishments. Well done!

August 24, 2008 5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home