Monday, August 25, 2008

Thx :: 2 Sketches 4 You

It was a wonderful weekend, though I did not do any crafting.

There are a couple of things I want to work on this week:
But for my first card of the week, it's a 2 Sketches 4 You sketch. For this card, I pulled out lots of oldies: the chipboard w/THX is something I made eons ago and never used; the flower I pulled from a fake flower bouquet; the ribbon is American Crafts that I finally broke open; the dark patterned paper is from K&Co, but it was a card that I just cut in half to use for this card and the pink lace I purchased @ Walmart over a year ago. I like the card for that reason - using up stuff that I have but rarely use.

Interestingly, I did not distress or sew on this card, but ooooh, did I want to!

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock and flowers: craft supply
patterned paper: K&Co. and Creative Imaginations
chipboard and button: Bazzill
ribbon: American Crafts
rubons (THX): Making Memories
other: Modge Podge

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

19 Comments:

Blogger ~Carla~ said...

Beautiful card! I love that lace trim... scrumptious! :) Thanks for playing along with 2S4Y!

August 26, 2008 8:49 AM  
Blogger Laura Davis said...

This is very beautiful! I love all the layers:)
Hugs,
Laura

August 26, 2008 10:35 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

So pretty! Love those papers!

August 26, 2008 10:48 AM  
Blogger Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card for the sketch - love all the different elements - especially the flower and the lace
Kath
xxxxx

August 26, 2008 11:50 AM  
Blogger Ã…shild said...

*lol* No distressing or sewing?? Sounds spooky ;) But, a great take on the sketch, no doubt! Thanks for playing :)

August 26, 2008 1:12 PM  
Blogger Savitri said...

Awesome card! Love every bit of it.
So, which dress made the cut? :)

August 26, 2008 2:10 PM  
Blogger papertrails leaver said...

Once again in awe of your work! Too funny about the stitching or distressing. I know what you mean!

August 26, 2008 2:44 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Very beautiful!!
Love the colors and the flowers -- :)

August 26, 2008 3:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your mix of elements! Beautiful work.

August 26, 2008 5:47 PM  
Blogger Rosanne said...

A beautiful card!

August 26, 2008 11:00 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Fabulous card! Love the lace and the die cut paper is one of my faves! Great work with the 2S4Y sketch!

August 26, 2008 11:03 PM  
Blogger Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Pretty card! I love the paper and the flower is perfect!
xo, Margie

August 26, 2008 11:11 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Gorgeous card, love the detail

August 27, 2008 5:16 AM  
Blogger Joke said...

Sweet card, love the lace.

Joke

August 27, 2008 7:19 AM  
Blogger Caro's Kaartjes said...

What a pretty colorful card!

August 27, 2008 7:54 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

great card love that lace
AllisonX

August 27, 2008 8:42 AM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours :-)

Hugs
Tracey
x

August 27, 2008 9:17 AM  
Blogger Eva said...

What a fabulous card!!! Love all the layers, just looks yummy.

August 29, 2008 9:10 AM  
Blogger TesaB said...

It's such a beautiful card!!! Even without stitching... LOL!!! Gorgeous colors!

August 30, 2008 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home