Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's a Birthday Wish

I'm using this week's 2 Sketches 4 You sketch for a birthday card. I wanted it to be a bit busier than it is; I really do like the collage look. This card was easy enough. I stamped the sentiment before using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder for dry embossing. Then I did the machine sewing (sentiment layer first, then the top layer. I ended up laying down the loose strings on the inside of the card w/a small piece of tape (I don't like to do that, but oh well).

I was going to sew down the rick rack, but decided against it. I also like the bling.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Bazzill
patterned paper: K&Co.
chipboard elements: American Crafts
rick rack: Creative Impressions
dry embossing: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
bling brad: Joann
other bling: unknown
other: machine sewing

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger ~Carla~ said...

Beautiful!!! Love the pp you chose! :)

July 29, 2008 1:40 PM  
Blogger Laura Davis said...

Beautiful! The bling is the perfect touch!
Laura

July 29, 2008 4:43 PM  
Blogger Camilla Ekman said...

Love the softiness!

July 29, 2008 4:51 PM  
Blogger Rosanne said...

very pretty!

July 29, 2008 8:55 PM  
Blogger Joke said...

Wahet a sweet card. I love those AC craft figures. I have to use them more often myself.

July 30, 2008 2:16 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

beautiful ribbon on a fab card
AllisonX

July 30, 2008 6:10 AM  
Blogger Nicole Maki said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful!

Thanks so much for the step by step instructions - it really helps me learn how to make all that gorgeous texture.

Now I want a Cuttlebug :-)

July 30, 2008 11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your card is `beautiful`:)x

July 30, 2008 12:53 PM  
Blogger Krista B. said...

Beautiful card - love the soft feel of it - luv it : )

July 30, 2008 1:24 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Love the stitching that you did on this card, and the bling adds a nice touch, too! Beautiful work with the sketch!

Christine
Creative Journey

July 30, 2008 1:31 PM  
Blogger Kath Stewart said...

Beautiful card for the sketch - love the papers and all that gorgeous stitching - great work
kath
xxxx

July 30, 2008 1:39 PM  
Blogger Jeni Glee said...

Boy, this is soooooooo beautiful! You do awesome work!

July 30, 2008 7:51 PM  
Blogger Hanneke van der Linde said...

Beautiful card, i love the embossed dots!!
And ofcourse you can scraplift my card and envelope, ik really like that!! Thank you!

July 31, 2008 3:57 AM  
Blogger Lori K said...

OH so gorgeous!

July 31, 2008 11:34 PM  
Blogger Lindsay Spencer said...

Very nice card.

August 01, 2008 10:55 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

Beautiful cards!! I love the paper!

August 02, 2008 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home