Friday, July 18, 2008

Laura's Sketch 4

I've been making lots of cards, but I have not posted them anywhere. I usually post on the blog, on 2Peas as well as on Splitcoast Stampers. That's usually in addition to posting it for whatever challenge or sketch that I am using.

So, I'm trying to get caught up.

I am really gearing up for the Papertrey Ink July Blog Hop, which takes place next week (more on that for tomorrow's post).

I like way this card turned out, however, I contemplated it for quite some time (while on the phone too). I started to sew on the scalloped part, but I thought that would be too much and if I only sewed the scallop then that would not be enough. I like the added touch of the butterflies. I used the Papertrey Ink Chocolate Remixed sampler (click on the paper to downloard the pdf) and printed it out on vellum paper. Oh, and for this card I used 2 Sketches 4 You.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock and scalloped edge: Bazzill
patterned paper: K&Co., Papertrey Ink and Basic Grey
ink: Tim Holtz/Ranger
stamp: Hero Arts
butterfly punch: Martha Stewart/EK Success
embossing: Cuttlebug
oval dies: Nestabilities
other: sewing

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kath Stewart said...

Fabulous card for the sketch love the colour combo and those gorgeous butterflies
Kath
xxxx

July 18, 2008 12:47 PM  
Blogger Laura Davis said...

This is so pretty I love all the details!
Thanks for playing!
Laura

July 18, 2008 7:59 PM  
Blogger danni reid. said...

this is a beautiful card! love the butterflies!!!

July 19, 2008 1:19 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Such a sweet card!

Katie

July 19, 2008 1:22 AM  
Blogger Jacey's Mom said...

Beautiful card.
Take care,
Christy

July 19, 2008 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful...:)X

July 19, 2008 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home