Monday, July 14, 2008

sketch this :: 57

Loving the sketches these days. Probably because I have time to create. Nice.
Now for this sketch, I used a sketch this sketch. Then I pulled out some old paper - American Crafts. I was seeking some other lavender/lilac combination, but I got tired of looking and settled for this. I also pulled out the easy to use $1 clear stamps from Michaels for the Happy Birthday. I don't like the way the birthday turned out, but oh, well. Then there's the embossed birthday cake. I 'borrowed' that embossing folder from my sister.

Finally, the only thing that is missing is I put a little bling to dot the 'i' in birthday. Forgot to do that before I took the pic.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Bazzill and Bazzill Bling
patterned paper: American Crafts
stamp: Studio G ($1 stamps from Michaels)
ink: VersaMagic
embossing powder: Joanns
ribbon: Michaels and Wright's
dry embossing folder: Cuttlebug

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger bibbi said...

Love this card! :)

July 14, 2008 3:01 AM  
Blogger TesaB said...

The card is gorgeous! LOVE the colors and that embossed cake is so cute!

July 14, 2008 4:06 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Adorable! Love your take on the sketch!

Katie

July 15, 2008 1:14 AM  
Blogger Savitri said...

Cute card!! Oh, I Tweeted you but in case you don't see it... I love that summer 2008! Such a geek, such a geek! :) Oh, not sure what the two girls in a cup is but from what I heard, I'm glad I don't and not curious :)

July 16, 2008 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home