Monday, July 14, 2008

Birthday RAK and cps :: 73

I made this card as a RAK - random act of kindness. It's a group on Splitcoast Stampers. There is no real commitment; you just send out as many cards as you like. I've been picking a handful of names and sending out cards weekly. There are over 3 thousand members of this group so it's nice that you can do as much or as little as you want.

For this card, I used this week's sketch from Card Positioning Systems - CPS. Love, love, love that site (last week they did an article about sewing on cards and layouts - very cool).

I wanted another look for this card, but the huge rick rack is the closest I could get to a wave. I might improvise and do another before the week is out, but that would be awfully ambitious.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Bazzill
patterned paper: My Mind's Eye
rick rack: Karen Foster
stamp: Stampin Up!
ink: VersaMagic
embossing powder: Ranger
other: sewing

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Keri Lee Sereika said...

Whoa that is a way cool way to use the sketch...that is some HUGE RIC RAC you have there!

July 14, 2008 3:04 PM  
Blogger Lea L. said...

Love what you did with the huge ric-rac and the stitching! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~Lea

July 14, 2008 11:20 PM  
Blogger Laura Williams said...

dude, i totally dig the giant rickrack!!!!!! so fun!

July 20, 2008 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home