Saturday, April 18, 2009

2 Peas Stamp Camp :: Week 2

2Peas is hosting a Spring Stamp Camp this month. Last week it was stamping w/bleach. Cool technique, but not one that I could try.

This week Kristina Werner was the host and she worked w/alphabet stamps. She has a video where she made three different cards using alphabet stamps. Super simple and fun.

I thought easy enough, but then I realized that all of my letter stamps are in storage. Ugh. I almost bought a letter stamp set @ Pat Catan's when I was in Akron for Easter. So I really did set out to make a purchase for some inexpensive letter stamps. Jackpot @ Joann. I got this KI Memories acrylic alphabet stamp set for $2.99. It has all 26 letters plus some punctuation. I don't necessarily like the way the stamping looks w/the Tim Holtz distressed ink, but I do like my entry for the Stamp Camp.

Yes, there is and are prizes for participating in Stamp Camp. A 2Peas gift certificate.

Oh and the other cool thing about this card is the journaling block. Got that at Pizazz It!, a local scrapbooking store (lss) in Columbus. Bought it on the day I also went to the crazy expo. Here's the interesting thing: I was talking to the lss owner and she saw me looking at the nice selection of journaling blocks and she told me that the women who designed them had just done a class in the store. The company is Jillibean-Soup and the women lives in the Columbus area. Very cool. But too bad that I missed the class because they had some cute cards and projects.

Anyway, I like the journaling spots ... they were $3.49 and there was a variety of blocks in the package. I can't remember how many there were, but it was good for the price and I know a good deal when I see one.

I've gone on and on ... thanks for looking, here's what I used:
cardstock: craft supply
patterned paper: K&Co.
stamps: KI Memories
ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink/Ranger
journaling block: Jellibean Soup
ribbon: Hobby Lobby

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home