Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge :: 25

This week's Cuttlebug Challenge is to use acetate along w/a sketch from SheetLoad.

I did not use acetate. But I did base my card on the sketch.

What I like most about this card is that I used somle new paper that I just got this weekend @ Michaels. I love K&Company and they have done a bang up job on this set of papers. The line is called Que Sera Sera. I have the specialty papers and the designer paper. And the image does not do it justice. I usually go for more muted papers and earth tones, but there's so much color here, but not too bold. I am not too crazy about the embellishments. But that's okay. Also, it was nice to get the paper packs using a 50% off coupon from Michaels (even though now they only allow you to use one coupon per day; they need some store signage on that one).

But as per my usual, this card is simple. I just don't feel as creative w/out a dedicated craft area. So the sketch was really helpful for me or you would have gotten another version of what I did last week or the week before only w/different paper and ribbon. Not really, but you get the picture. And one more thing, I did notice that my bow is upside down, I started to change it, but then I thought, nah ...

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: unknown (looks like Bazzill, but I know that it is not)
patterned paper: K&Company
dry embossing: Cuttlebug Texture Textile folder and Thanks
ribbon: Hobby Lobby
circle punch: EK Success

Labels: , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

lovely card, love the big bow
AllisonX

April 01, 2009 8:45 AM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

I have been using that paper like I don't have any other!..I love that whole pack; I'm drawn to it whenever I need a card..lol..i really do have stacks and stacks of 'other' paper..lol..Your card is so sweet and until I saw your 'thank you' I forgot I had that folder!

April 01, 2009 8:58 AM  
Blogger Mrs J said...

Lovely, elegant card Kim. Love the papers and the gorgeous bow finishes it perfectly (even upsde down!).
Hugs Mrs Jx

April 01, 2009 9:28 AM  
Blogger Jenn K said...

Very pretty!! Love that big bow!!

April 01, 2009 12:10 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Looks so elegant Kim!! Love it and that bow is so pretty, and the papers so beautiful!!

April 01, 2009 12:33 PM  
Blogger danni reid. said...

Kim!!! THIS is fabulous!

April 01, 2009 12:35 PM  
Blogger Becky G said...

Kim this is so pretty! I love everything about it!

Hugs~Becky

April 01, 2009 2:02 PM  
Blogger Eva said...

Kim, this is a stunner.....love what you did with the sketch and that bow is AMAZING!!

April 01, 2009 9:13 PM  
Blogger Nathalia Castellon said...

This is so rich and elegant Kim! I love the satin ribbon bow, it's the perfect finishing touch for your card!

April 05, 2009 5:31 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

What an amazing card KIM! Love the details.
Hugs
Amber

April 06, 2009 1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home