Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge :: 15

Loving this month's Cuttlebug Challenges. Just creativity out the wahzoo.

This week's challenge is to use a sketch and Trudi chose a PageMaps sketch. Lots and lots of circles and boy do I like circles.

I really do like my finished card. I like the colors - how about that patterned paper? It's Basic Grey's Figgy Pudding line. More of a deep red and not traditional red. I like that I stamped on the ribbon. I was uncertain as to how that would come out, but there's nothing like crossing your fingers and hoping for the best, right?

I also like those little epoxy's. They're from Making Memories. And of course I like the embossing. I used several different ones: 2 different full-sized ones (heart blocks and Swiss Dots) as well as 3 small ones from the Playful Circles set.

Just an fyi: I made some cards last year that I really fell in love with. Only I made them for a friend, so I had to let them go, but boy am I glad that I took pics. Check out the Queen of Hearts set.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Archiver's
patterned paper: Basic Grey
dry embossing: Cuttlebug
epoxy's: Making Memories
ribbon: unknown
stamp: Savvy Stamps
ink: Tim Holtz and StazOn

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Trudi said...

Great job with the challenge, as usual :) Love your card!

January 21, 2009 11:46 AM  
Blogger Eva said...

What a beautiful card! I so love your work!

January 21, 2009 11:52 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Awesome card! I love the theme as well!

January 21, 2009 12:03 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

great job with the sketch
AllisonX

January 21, 2009 1:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just lovely!

January 21, 2009 3:39 PM  
Blogger kshand said...

Love all your embossing and embellishements.

January 21, 2009 4:09 PM  
Blogger Mrs J said...

Love your card Kim. The circles look fab and I love how you've stamped on the ribbon. Such a gorgeous red too!
Mrs Jx

January 21, 2009 6:06 PM  
Blogger Becky G said...

What a yummy card! Love all the different textures!

Hugs to you,
Becky

January 21, 2009 7:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those polka dots are great! Beautiful!

January 21, 2009 11:29 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Love your take on the sketch and what a great idea to stamp your ribbon:) I will definitely be trying that.
Hugs
Amber

January 22, 2009 12:43 AM  
Blogger Meda said...

Awesome card! And I love that Queen of hearts sideshow too. I think I could call myself queen of butterflies :)

January 22, 2009 5:05 PM  
Blogger Savitri said...

Pretty card! Color's awesome!
Don't you usually do the PTI blog hop? Or am I dreaming?

January 26, 2009 11:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome card! so lovely! Congratulations!

February 09, 2009 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home