Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bless You :: 2 Sketches 4 You and Color Inspiration

It's has been a slow craft week for me.

But it was fun to coordinate this card. Actually, it should be much easier w/a sketch and the colors, but everything has to be just right.

I'm working w/the 2 Sketches 4 You card sketch and Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration.

I like the result. I used my newest craft purchase - or the most recent to arrive - the labels Nestabilities. Love those. For coordinating colors, I am having much success using my Die Cuts With A View (DCWV) Mat Stacks and Border Strips. They have lots of color variations so that helps out a lot. That's what I used w/the browns on this one.

I almost went overboard too by adding three felt flowers along the right side ... it was just too much and I again went w/the 'simple is best' approach. Oh, and I had wanted to do another 'Thank You' card, but I like this sentiment and I have not used it in a while.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Bazzill and Die Cuts With A View (DCWV)
patterned paper: Basic Grey
die cut labels: Nestabilities
stamp: Hero Arts
ink: VersaMark
embossing powder: Ranger
ribbon: American Crafts
dry embossing: Cuttlebug
other: sewing

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Savitri said...

Very very cute!!! Love the embossing and double ribbon! Yeah, I'm with you on the slow crafting. I have other things I need to do in the p.m.

December 18, 2008 2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty pretty pretty looks like highly starched antique lines...I love it!

December 18, 2008 5:30 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Shut up!!!!!! OMG, what a great vintage look your card has!!!! I really like all the textures, I would love to have that card, just to touch it!

December 18, 2008 6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH That's very nice... love the look of the nestabilities with the monocromatic papers... and your stitching is perfect... HUGS...SK :)

December 18, 2008 6:41 PM  
Blogger Laura Davis said...

Beautiful!!! I love the soft colors:)
Laura

December 18, 2008 11:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the colors and ribbons! GReat take on Laura's sketch!

December 19, 2008 2:01 AM  
Blogger debby4000 said...

beautiful card, love the embossing.

December 19, 2008 5:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful card, great take on both the 2s4y sketch and Kristina's color challenge!

December 19, 2008 8:46 AM  
Blogger Eva said...

Beautiful card! Love the cuttlebug embossing a and the spellbinders labels!!!

December 19, 2008 12:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

what a beautiful card! :) love the embossing!

December 20, 2008 3:34 AM  
Blogger Wendy Schoonhoven said...

Great card, the embossing is stunning,xxxWendy.

December 21, 2008 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home