Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cuttlebug Challenge :: 9

This week's challenge:
  • create a Christmas/Holiday themed project, something other than a card
Now card making is my biz, so yes, another challenge-challenge for this girl. But I'm going sneaky on them this week and making tags! That's right TAGS, lots of tags. Also, great embellishments for ... you guessed it - cards!

I used my Cuttlebug in so many ways here.
  • dry embossing using the Cuttlebug embossing folders
  • cutting out the Nestabilities squares
  • cutting of the tags using a Sizzix die to cut through chipboard
  • cutting out scalloped circles using a Quickutz die
  • cutting out scalloped circles using a Cuttlebug die to cut through chipboard
So much fun too. I had to color coordinate and add all sorts of details like the bling, heat embossing, ribbon, twine, eyelets, buttons, etc.

I even pulled out my Crop-A-Dile to cut holes through the chipboard and then add eyelets. I had put away most of my holiday stuff and this time around I discovered several items that I had not even used this season. Like the snowflake embellishment and the the star button. Ha.

Oh and my mom gave me the idea for the tags. I had cut her out some of the holiday themed Cuttlebug stuff and she's using her newly created tags on her cookies for cookie exchange.

Don't forget that you can write the 'to' and 'from' information on the back of the tag.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Bazzill, Archiver's and craft supply
patterned paper: K&Co.
ink: VersaMark
tag die: Sizzix
scalloped circle dies: Quickutz and Cuttlebug
dry embossing: Cuttlebug Winter Jelly and Christmas
a variety of buttons, ribbons, eyelets and other embellishments

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

great tags, love them all
AllisonX

December 10, 2008 5:29 PM  
Blogger Michelle aka Otomon said...

Fantastic tags! I've NEVER made tags but I think you've inspired me to make some this year!

December 11, 2008 12:00 AM  
Blogger Meda said...

Lovely! I got these winter embossing folders for free when I bought my cuttlebug this autumn but had no Idea on how to use them. Thanks. I'll remember your idea for next year's Christmas presents.

January 02, 2009 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home