Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Cuttlebug Challenge :: 12

This week's Cuttlebug Challenge is to use sanding on the embossing. Quite easy and a technique that looks very nice. I like the weathered look. I used Die Cuts With A View cardstock because it has a white core that would show once the sanding was complete.

I've combined this w/a sketch from the Hero Arts blog. I also like this card because it was rather easy and fun to put together. I managed to use some heat embossing, dry embossing, and sewing - and it was all pretty simple.

I hope that you all have a wonderful holiday and even if you don't celebrate Christmas, have a Happy Thursday.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Bazzill and Die Cuts With A View (DCWV)
patterned paper: K&Co.
heart die cuts and dry embossing: Cuttlebug
stamp: Hero Arts
ink: Versamark
embossing powder: Ranger
other: sewing

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

great card Kim, Have a lovely New Year
AllisonX

December 31, 2008 6:16 AM  
Blogger Powerful Search Engine said...

Love the hearts and the colour pallette! Pascale :)

December 31, 2008 12:50 PM  
Blogger BettyBee said...

Kim, this is a great card. I love the layout with the vertical hearts, and the stitching. Very, very nice. Happy New Year!

January 01, 2009 12:44 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Gorgeous! Love the simple layout, and the combination of colours!
Helen x

January 03, 2009 3:28 PM  
Blogger Savitri said...

How cute!! I need to do more challenges. Gives me more motivation to use my crap every week!!

January 06, 2009 5:43 PM  
Blogger Peta's page said...

what a great site!! thanks for the ideas for cards.... am constantly looking so thanks!

January 06, 2009 9:47 PM  
Blogger LORi said...

Very Nice Card Kim!!

January 06, 2009 9:51 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous cards! I especially like this one. Congrats on joining the cuttlebug design team!

January 09, 2009 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home