Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge :: 14

This week's Cuttlebug Challenge is to make a card or whatever you wish using your favorite Cuttlebug embossing folder. Super simple for me. I love the Swiss Dots. Who doesn't. It just has that classic look. Running a close second though is the Textile Texture.

So here you will find me using them both. This is a design that I've used before and one that I scraplifted from Jodene over at Splitcoast Stampers.

I had wanted to stitch on both layers, but the sewing machine would not cooperate. You do not hear me when I say that I kept trying to eat up the layers. But crafty me was able to forge forward and create this nice little card.

I am so loving this stamp set from Hero Arts. Lots of different sentiments and they are acrylic. I am not so crazy about acrylic stamps these days because I like the Tim Holtz inks and some of the acrylic stamps don't stamp as nicely, in my opinion. But I digress.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Bazzill
dry embossing: Cuttlebug
ovals and scalloped oval: Nestabilities
ribbon: Michaels
stamp: Hero Arts
ink: Tim Holtz
other: sewing

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger sunshinecardsandjewelry said...

This a beautiful card Kim I love it.

January 14, 2009 7:25 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

This is really very beautiful!! Great job!

January 15, 2009 12:28 PM  
Blogger BettyBee said...

Kim, this card is gorgeous! It is elegant and rich, and the layers and ribbon really make it awesome. (I have found that lightly sanding my acrylic stamps with a nail file makes them take the ink just fine. Maybe that will help.) Beautiful design!

January 15, 2009 12:29 PM  
Blogger ohradiogirl said...

Betty thanks for the tip on sanding the acrylic stamps. I've tried that and it seemed to make a difference.

January 15, 2009 1:13 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

The colours you've used to make this card are beautfful. I really like the inking on the embossed areas.

January 16, 2009 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home