Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge :: 13

It's another week and another Cuttlebug Challenge. This week's challenge is to create a simple white card. Something elegant and usually that's what the white brings - elegance.

I think that the Textile Texture embossing folder brings some elegance as well. That's the folder I chose to use. I think that the ribbon is a nice touch as well. Oh, and how about the partial embossing. I like that technique so that I can leave space for my sentiment.

Just keeping it short and simple this week.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Bazzill and Die Cuts With a View/DCWV
dry embossing: Cuttlebug
stamp: Stampin Up!
ink: Versamagic
embossing powder: Joann
ribbon: unknown

Oh, but I just had to add another card that I made last year. I'm including it because it has a white embossed focal point and it has a Valentine's Day theme and guess what is on the horizon? That's right and the ideas can't come soon enough ...

Here's what I used:
cardstock: Archiver's
dry embossing: Cuttlebug (heart blocks folder)
stamps: Stampin Up! and Michaels $1 stamps
circle punches: EK Success
ribbon: unknown

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

just lovely and elegant
AllisonX

January 07, 2009 9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card! I am new to the Cuttlebug as well as the weekly challenges and have a question or two if you don't mind. What size is your finished card, and how do you achieve the strip that is not embossed??

January 07, 2009 11:31 AM  
Blogger ohradiogirl said...

Thanks for the comments. That card is larger than normal. But I don't know the exact size. I am traveling so I can measure it at this time. It might be 4 1/2 x 5 3/4. As for the partial embossing, I won't even try to explain it. Google "partial embossing". Here's one that I like: http://beate.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2008/04/06/partial-embossing-with-cuttlebug-folder/

January 07, 2009 7:20 PM  
Blogger BettyBee said...

These are both lovely cards! I'm really glad you shared the Valentine's card, too! I also like the textile embossing folder. Happy scrapping!

January 07, 2009 10:09 PM  
Blogger Deborah March said...

NICE cards. The TT is my favourite C'bug folder!

January 08, 2009 1:03 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Love your cards. Last year's valentines are so cool.
Ann xxx

January 08, 2009 9:29 AM  
Blogger Maggie Lamarre said...

i luv the colour combo.
Thanks

Maggie

January 09, 2009 11:17 PM  
Blogger AB. said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I love your cards...esp your "hearts" card. The crisp white design with the red polka dot ribbon is very effective!
Peace & love
Alison xx

PS - thanks for the 'partial embossing' link!

January 12, 2009 6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home