Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Everything :: Color Inspiration and 2 Sketches 4 You

Wow, the week almost went by w/o me doing much card making. Just taking it slow is all. I did get the Cuttlebug Challenge done (see yesterday's post).

I do like the inspiration for the Color Inspiration - skeins of yarn. I love when I see the DMC floss all lined up and color coordinated. The 2 Sketches 4 You sketch is a no-frills sketch. Love that.

I don't have much more to say about this card. It's just simple and fresh. I started to distress the edges and do some sewing, but sometimes less is more.

Thanks for looking .... here's what I used:
cardstock: Bazzill
patterned paper: ??
stamp: Hero Arts
ink: Tim Holtz/Ranger
ribbon: Michaels
flower die: Sizzix
felt: craft supply

Labels: , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very pretty card!

December 11, 2008 1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great take on Kazan's sketch AND Kristina's color challenge!!

December 11, 2008 2:31 PM  
Blogger stamphappy said...

Love it! the paper looks like a chatterbox design. In any case, it's perfect!

December 11, 2008 4:46 PM  
Blogger Nikki Schmaltz said...

I always love your cards. That make me wish I could touch them. So texture-y:)

December 11, 2008 5:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I love the contrast in textures of the felt and satin! Way to combine challenges!

December 11, 2008 8:50 PM  
Blogger Savitri said...

This is gorgeous! Love that die cut flower you did!

December 11, 2008 9:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kim your colors are gorgeous together and so is the texture - love the "less is more" approach this week - it works on this card :)
Hugs
K

December 11, 2008 11:10 PM  
Blogger papertrails leaver said...

Oh! What a great color inspiration indeed! Happy everything is a great sentiment! Always enjoy seeing your work!

December 11, 2008 11:35 PM  
Blogger **Nancy** said...

Beautiful!!! Love these colors!!!

December 12, 2008 12:47 AM  
Blogger Hanneke van der Linde said...

Beautiful!!

December 12, 2008 5:46 AM  
Blogger ~dawne said...

Great card...I love these colors. I also like your Cuttlebug designs in your previous post.

December 12, 2008 1:23 PM  
Blogger Peet said...

Oh, great card!!!

December 14, 2008 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home