Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Cuttlebug Challenge :: 8

Time for another Cuttlebug Challenge and this one was indeed a challenge. I have been working on it for a couple of weeks. I must say that after this challenge, I will leave the making of embossing folders to the makers of the Cuttlebug. And that was the challenge: to make your own embossing folder.

I did, however, finally come up w/something that I could use on a project.

I cut out some hearts using a die from CuttleKids. I then layered them inside a piece of folded plastic. I think it was the plastic from the front cover package of one of the Cuttlebug embossing folders (before they began to use a picture on the front). Then I carefully laid the cardstock on top of the row of hearts and just as carefully laid the plastic folder in my sandwich for embossing ('A' plate, 'B' plate, plastic folder and 'B' plate). I ran the sandwich through the CB and then rolled it back.

I am more proud of my felt flower than the embossing. I don't have many colors of felt, but my brown and cream are two of my favs. I originally made this flower to use for last month's Papertrey Ink. Blog Hop, but I did not use it. It ended up being a good fit for this card though.

Overall, this was a pretty simple card to make. And it's got a cute thing goin on ...

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: craft supply
patterned paper and fabric brad: K&Co.
die cut hearts (used for the embossing): CuttleKids
die cut flowers and circle: Sizzix
letter stickers: American Crafts
felt and ribbon: unknown
other: sewing

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Kim your card turned out fab, love the colours
AllisonX

December 04, 2008 1:19 PM  
Blogger Savitri said...

This is GORGEOUS! Love the flower!
So, how's hot cocoa? :)

December 08, 2008 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home