Friday, November 28, 2008

Have a Special Day :: Color Inspiration #32 and 2 Sketches 4 You

So far it's been a nice Thanksgiving Week. Hanging w/the fam in my hometown. We had crazy snow on Tuesday, but it has calmed down since then.

And today after an early morning, two-hour workout, then a nap and then some good eats, I managed to kick out this little card. I'm excited about it since when I packed my craft bag I forgot my adhesive tape, my craft scissors, some ribbon, ink for stamping and my paper cutter. Those are some of the essentials.

Thank goodness my mom was in the mood to share some of her goodies thus enabling me to make this card for two of my fav weekly challenges: Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration and Laura and Kazan's 2 Sketches 4 You.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Archiver's
patterned paper: Basic Grey
circle punches: EK Success
stamp: Hero Arts
ink: Tim Holtz/Ranger
dry embossing: Cuttlebug Birds and Swirls
scalloped edge: made using EK Success corner rounder

Labels: , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Leonie said...

Very elegant, great use of white

November 28, 2008 5:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Stunning card! Love the embossing, great take on the color challenge AND the 2s4y sketch!!

November 28, 2008 7:00 AM  
Blogger sideoats + scribbles said...

AWESOME! Love that embossing folder + the stamp!

November 28, 2008 10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the texture on this card is great!

November 28, 2008 10:26 AM  
Blogger Meda said...

I like what you did with embossed paper and just very simple embellishments.

November 28, 2008 4:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Kim - you sure now how to rock embossing folders - this is absolutely gorgeous. I love it
:) Kazan

November 28, 2008 4:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So beautiful! I love the simplicity of it!

November 28, 2008 10:43 PM  
Blogger Rosanne said...

Love the simplicity of this card, its lovely!

November 28, 2008 11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it, lots of subtle details!

November 29, 2008 4:37 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh wow...love the embossing! Gorgeous!

Katie

November 29, 2008 6:40 PM  
Blogger Savitri said...

Super pretty card!!! LOVE it!

Well, as you predicted, shopping was a breeze (minus my Joann's stop before noon, urgh!). Hope your weekend was nice and relaxing!! I tagged you on my blog :)

November 30, 2008 2:52 PM  
Blogger Liz Goldhawk said...

Love the embossing and the pop of red! Very pretty!

November 30, 2008 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home