Monday, November 17, 2008

You're the Best :: 2 Sketches 4 You

For me to get in on 2 Sketches 4 You's weekly card sketch this early in the week is awesome. It is, indeed, the start of a wonderful week.

I had also intended to try emboss resist on the sentiment, but I just decided to leave it alone. This is week 4 of Stamp Camp over @ Two Peas. After I watched the resist video tutorial of the technique, I just have to try it out.

But I am excited about fabric brads. I found lots over the weekend when I unexpectedly landed in Hobby Lobby, Pizazz It (Columbus, OH), Michaels, Joann and Archivers.

Also, I really like making my own felt flowers. During my unplanned craft stops, I picked up a Sizzix flower die. I like the Sizzix and Cuttlebug dies for cutting cleanly through the felt and fabric. Sometimes I can cut through a thin piece of fabric w/a Quickutz die in the Cuttlebug - I just add a shim and run it back and forth a few times.

Well, enough chatter already. Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock and fabric: craft supply
patterned paper: K & Co.
stamp: Hero Arts
ink: VersaMark and VersaMagic
embossing powder: Ranger
fabric brad: The Paper Studio/Hobby Lobby
ribbon: Morex
flower dies: Cuttlebug and Sizzix
felt: unknown
other: sewing

Labels: , , , , , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Hanneke van der Linde said...

Beautiful card, love that big bow!!

X

November 18, 2008 4:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Love the color palette, beautiful bow, and your awesome handmade felt flower! Great take on Laura's sketch this week!

November 18, 2008 4:52 AM  
Blogger ~dawne said...

This is gorgeous...not only do I love the colors, but it's so rich & elegant.

November 18, 2008 8:19 AM  
Blogger Laura Davis said...

Kim,
Wow this is beautiful! I LOVE your bow and that layered flower is stunning!
Laura

November 18, 2008 8:56 AM  
Blogger Mrs J said...

Gorgeous card, love the flower and the bow looks stunning!
Mrs Jx

November 18, 2008 10:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So beautiful!! I love the soft, muted colors and all the different textures!
(I'm a total fabric brad addict myself, BTW)

November 18, 2008 11:10 AM  
Blogger Nicole Maki said...

Such a pretty card and I just love your felt and fabric flower.

I didn't know you could cut felt in the Cuttlebug. I'll have to read up on that ( I don/t even know what a shim is *grin*) Thanks for the info.

November 18, 2008 12:21 PM  
Blogger Steph Jacobson said...

love the colors and that fabric flower--great card!

November 18, 2008 12:38 PM  
Blogger papertrails leaver said...

So happy to see your work Radiogirl! Always love your cards! This week's card is fabulous with the felt flower and the brad!

November 18, 2008 1:42 PM  
Blogger thescrapmaster said...

Very pretty card! That brad is beautiful!
~Samantha

November 18, 2008 4:36 PM  
Blogger Anabelle O'Malley said...

This is gorgeous!! I love that flower!!

November 18, 2008 8:23 PM  
Blogger Kristen Swain said...

wonderful card! love it!
kris

November 19, 2008 8:27 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Great work! I love the ivory bow and the flower! Great bling on the flower too!

November 19, 2008 6:33 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

Wonderful card!!
Martha

November 20, 2008 2:17 AM  
Blogger debby4000 said...

Beautiful, elegant card and I love your felt flowers.

November 20, 2008 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful!
I love that flower-so pretty!!

November 21, 2008 7:32 PM  
Blogger Amy C said...

This is a stunning card!! Great take on the sketch.....I love everything about it.

November 23, 2008 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home