Tuesday, November 25, 2008

November Blog Hop

It's that time again. Time for Papertrey Ink's monthly Blog Hop. This month's challenge is to create a floral embellishment.

I was really looking forward to this one. Mostly due to my recent fascination w/fabric and fabric brads in particular. And boy do fabric brads look nice w/felt and fabric flowers.

I like the flower for this one. It was really easy to make. The fabric used to make the first layer is from Joann. It's actually just a swatch from the upholstery department. I matched up the fabric w/the fabric brad. The fabric brad is from K&Co. Love those. I think they have 9 for $3.99 - not too bad.

If you want to see more of my fabric flowers check out some of my previous posts:
Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Archivers and Bazzill
patterned paper and fabric brad: K&Co.
stamp: Hero Arts
ink: VersaColor
ribbon: Michaels
fabric: Joann
felt: unknown
flower die: Sizzix

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Marge said...

Beautiful; I can see why you love them; I do too!!!

November 25, 2008 7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

November 25, 2008 8:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the fabric what a great idea, going to have to go hunting for some of those fantastic brads :)

November 25, 2008 8:13 PM  
Blogger Donelda said...

This is awesome! I love the fabric brad with the flower...it works so well together!! I'm comeing back to check out the rest of those cards after seeing all the blog hop entries!! Thanks for sharing

November 25, 2008 8:15 PM  
Blogger Jak Heath said...

oh isn't that just the cutest.
Love it.

November 25, 2008 8:16 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

So soft and pretty!

November 25, 2008 8:23 PM  
Blogger Scrapping Julie said...

oooo, love this card

November 25, 2008 8:23 PM  
Blogger B said...

So pretty!

November 25, 2008 8:24 PM  
Blogger Kacey Elliott said...

Very nice! I love fabric brads too - that is a pretty one!

November 25, 2008 8:29 PM  
Blogger Regan said...

very nice- I have total bow envy- its perfect!!!

November 25, 2008 8:43 PM  
Blogger Jen Caputo said...

Love the center of that flower, it's so luxurious, beautiful card!

November 25, 2008 8:50 PM  
Blogger Babies-Beth said...

Wow! Love the flower! Wonder if you can make fabric brads????

November 25, 2008 9:01 PM  
Blogger k prakken said...

Pretty card. Love the colors and textures.

November 25, 2008 9:14 PM  
Blogger Debbie Olson said...

Great colors and texture! I love that brad too-so elegant!

November 25, 2008 9:25 PM  
Blogger Lisa H. said...

I just love this! yes! those fabric brads are a great compliment to your flowers.

November 25, 2008 9:27 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

These are very cool. I really like the fabric covered brads too.

November 25, 2008 10:33 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Love the texture from the fabric. Looks great!

November 25, 2008 10:51 PM  
Blogger Savitri said...

Very very cute! Your flower looks really nice. Card is super sweet!!

Have a great Thanksgiving too. The stuff I need are not on sale. I still think I'm crazy for wanting to go out tomorrow, ha!

November 27, 2008 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home