Thursday, November 06, 2008

Fighting w/my Card

Yes, it's true: you can have a fight w/your card. At least that was the case for me last weekend. After a crazy week, I decided to get going on a few projects. One being this week's Cuttlebug Challenge card.

I had memorized the sketch and figured out something relatively simple to do. But it looked to simple and I decided to add some sewing around the edges to add some dimension. And that is when the problem began.

I was using a thin thread and it kept snapping/breaking. I adjusted the tension, still snapping/breaking. I am not such a fan of threading the machine, so I was a bit perturbed at this point. Then I decide to use the thicker thread, which I know gets jammed in the machine, but I gave it a go anyway. Of course it jams every inch and it jams in a way that was difficult to unjam especially w/out ripping the paper. Crazy. But I was determined and finally completed the sewing portion. Whew.

So, it looks so nice and neat on the front, but the backside is a monstrosity. Just a gigantic mess. But as a crafter this is just another challenge waiting to take place. My plan now is to take the card front and place it onto another card front and no one will ever know about the crazy backside - except for you all! :-)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Roxie said...

I like the neutrals with the green. Very nice card.

November 06, 2008 11:59 PM  
Blogger Savitri said...

Super cute! Great colors! Love the natural look you have going here!

November 07, 2008 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home