Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank You :: Color Inspiration 30

Well, if you ask me how excited I am about this card and I will tell you "uber excited"! And let me tell you why. I absolutely love the flower and the mini folder.

First of all, I am using Krista Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge. This week's colors were Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Sahara Sand and Whisper White. I love, love, love olive. So it was easy for me to coordinate for this challenge. The problem for me is the picture. I may replace it if I can produce an image that showcases the colors more vibrantly.

But my new favorite thing is fabric buttons. I went to a handmade craft fair this past weekend and lots of vendors had them. Then I went to etsy and saw even more wonderful fabric buttons. Check out these from Fabric Farrago.

So I mentioned the fabric buttons to my mom who immediately said that Joanns has the buttons covers used to make your own fabric buttons. Guess who made a trip to Joanns? That would be me. I got the buttons covers along w/a Sizzix Hello Kitty die - the outer layer of the flower. You will more than likely see more of these flowers on more and more of my cards. I like choosing my own fabric and even stamping on the fabric and making my own buttons. Now I just need to find a place that sells the buttons covers by the bag full. Watch out.

Oh, and I got the idea to use the Quickutz mini folder from Card-A-Licious; that's their challenge this week.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Bazzill
patterned paper: K&Company
stamp: Stampin Up!
ink: VersaMagic
embossing powder: Ranger
ribbon: Michaels
mini folder die cut: Quickutz
flower die cuts: Sizzix and Cuttlebug
dry embossing: Cuttlebug
felt: unknown
button cover: Dritz
other: fabric

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

oh i love that button, such a great touch

November 12, 2008 12:19 AM  
Blogger Leonie said...

Your excitment is catchy, I think I need to use more buttons :) Your cards looks great

November 12, 2008 4:48 AM  
Blogger Savitri said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous!!!

Ok, sorry for being so late but I just sent your package out. I keep forgetting to bring it with me to the post office. So you'll be receiving it soon!

November 12, 2008 10:26 AM  
Blogger Mel H. said...

Awesome card.

November 12, 2008 4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful Card!

November 13, 2008 9:28 AM  
Blogger Nikki Schmaltz said...

I love all your details. That ribbon is lush too!

November 13, 2008 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your card is my FAVORITE so far for the Color Inspiration 30! Beautiful!

November 13, 2008 12:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just peeked at your cards! I LOVE your cardmaking style!

November 13, 2008 12:32 PM  
Blogger Kate's Life said...

I agree, love both the button and the file folder! Lovely card!

November 13, 2008 5:24 PM  
Blogger Nellie Mae said...

Mini folder is super cute!

November 13, 2008 5:26 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Fabulous card...love those buttons!

November 13, 2008 7:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful, LOVE your flower!

November 14, 2008 12:29 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

cool buttons!! wow, what a stunning design...great job!

November 14, 2008 4:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats ~Donna

November 14, 2008 7:57 AM  
Blogger Angie Tieman said...

Awesome card! I love those felt flowers!! Congrats on the Top 20!

November 14, 2008 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home