Wednesday, November 05, 2008

3 Challenges in 1

I had to combine challenges which is not unusual but in this case I have three going on. But here's my reason why - still w/o my laptop. It is a sad, sad thing. I feel sooooo disconnected from my virtual world because I am disconnected. I'll be up in full swing soon, very soon.

You'd think I would have more time to craft, but it has been a crazily weird week and I don't know what I've done w/my time - other than make this card.

And this card is not my proudest moment. You see this week's Color Inspiration Challenge was a doosy! The colors were eggplant, teal, blue, pumpkin and white. Yes, challenging indeed. I did not think I even owned any paper in that color scheme. But in the old days, I just bought anything (I'm sure you did too). So, yes, I did have paper and embellishments in those colors.

The next challenge is for this week's 2 Sketches 4 You sketch. Which I did not follow whole heartedly - it was the colors that held me back. I really wanted to work w/some patterned papers that included all of the colors or at least I could coordinate patterns; whatever.

Lastly, I tried to get in on Card-A-Licious. Alas, we were supposed to make a 'give thanks' card a la Thanksgiving and I only got in the 'Thanks". I had planned to stamp out 'give' and cut the letters out individually, but I like the card in its plain way w/the addition of the letters.

Thanks for reading my rant. Really ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Archivers
patterned paper: Die Cuts With a View (DCWV)
flower die: Cuttlebug
ribbon: Offray
stamp: Hero Arts
die cut ovals: Nestabilities
button: American Crafts
ink: VersaMagic

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Laura Davis said...

Ooohh I love this card it is just darling!!
Laura

November 06, 2008 10:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love this! Those colors are amazing together.

November 06, 2008 11:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

three birds with one stone... now that's impressive!! GREAT card!!

November 07, 2008 6:07 AM  
Blogger Savitri said...

I think this card is oh so lovely :) You got a lot of challenges going on one card :):)

November 07, 2008 8:27 AM  
Blogger Hanneke van der Linde said...

Loverly card you've made!!

November 07, 2008 12:37 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

nothing to be ashamed about at all@ I love the use of color and it seems perfect for the sentiment.

November 07, 2008 10:56 PM  
Blogger Eveline said...

Lovely card.
Eveline.

November 08, 2008 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home