Monday, November 10, 2008

Friendship :: 2 Sketches 4 You

Okay, so I am back to producing cards for single challenges, at least this week. The other day I managed to create one card using three different challenges.

For today's post, I'm focused on this week's 2 Sketches 4 You card sketch. It was nicely produced by Kazan. I like it, but I decided to go simple for this one. And that means so sewing, no torn or distressed edges, etc.

I did manage to use some plastic. Plastic from a milk jug. I used that to make the flower. Then I ran it through the Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots folder. And finally, I added some patterned paper to the back of it. But I think it's that fat button that really sets it off.

My bow making is still a work in progress. I keep trying. I am tying like I tie my shoes and I do believe that is the problem. This bow looks okay. I'm just afraid that I will unravel. Oh, and I do like the look of the off-white heat embossing on the patterned paper.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: craft supply
patterned paper: K&Company
ribbon: Morex
stamp: Stampin Up!
ink: VersaMagic
embossing powder: Ranger
button: Bazzill
floss: DMC
flower die: Sizzix
border punch: Martha Stewart/EK Success
dry embossing: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Kim I LOVE this card. That ribbon is delicious and the simple sentiment across the front is perfect. Great take on the sketch this week
:) Kazan

November 10, 2008 10:32 PM  
Blogger Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty card!! Thanks for sharing!!

-t

November 10, 2008 11:12 PM  
Blogger ~Tammy~ said...

Very pretty card . . . love that ribbon!

November 11, 2008 8:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love your take on the sketch this week ;)

November 11, 2008 8:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is soo pretty! And I love that you use a milk carton for that flower...too clever!

November 11, 2008 12:14 PM  
Blogger Hanneke van der Linde said...

Great card! Love that big bow!

November 11, 2008 4:23 PM  
Blogger Created With Paper said...

Great job, love that ribbon!

November 11, 2008 9:43 PM  
Blogger Eveline said...

Very lovely card.I like the flower. And I never bother with bows, they won't work for me.
Eveline.

November 12, 2008 9:47 AM  
Blogger Kristen Swain said...

your flower is so sweet! i love this card! great work!
kris

November 12, 2008 3:11 PM  
Blogger elske said...

Love your card and your bow is great!!!!

November 12, 2008 4:35 PM  
Blogger Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card for the sketch Kim and love that fabby bow
Hugs
kathxxxx

November 13, 2008 6:32 AM  
Blogger debby4000 said...

beautiful, elegant card.

November 14, 2008 6:40 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

I love this card too. That button is fab.

November 15, 2008 7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty card! I love the colors and that bow is awesome. I can never make my bows look like that.

November 17, 2008 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home