Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Cuttlebug Challenge :: 6

I'm hoping to get some of my other projects posted, but without my laptop, I'm relegated to the library with limited time. Love the library, just working this thing out.

So this week's Cuttlebug Challenge is to use a sketch from I did like the sketch and the resulting card too.

I decided to try out Tim Holtz's alcohol inks. I thought that the color would match up better and not be so yellow-y. But I will work that out next time. I used a plastic milk jug for the flower. I used the alcohol ink on the plastic first, then I cut it out using the Sizzix die cut, then I ran it though the Swiss Dots embossing folder. Warning though: let ink on that baby dry for a bit. It left a faint trace of ink on the embossing folder. Not a big deal, but if it dries, it more than likely will not come off. I am so anal about my embossing folders, but I've seen some folks do crazy things w/them.

Oh and for the top portion of the card, I almost left it uncolored, but decided to run my brayer over the ink pad and ran the brayer over the card a few time. Cool.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: craft supply
patterned paper: Papertrey Ink
flower die cut: Sizzix
ink and alcohol ink: Tim Holtz/Ranger
button: American Crafts
floss: DMC
stamp: Hero Arts
dry embossing: Cuttlebug Textile Texture and Swiss Dots
other: plastic milk jug and sewing

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home