The World's Best Looking Greeting Card
This card is based on a 2 Sketches 4 You sketch. This week it was Laura at the helm. Sometimes I scratch my head w/sketches, but not this time. I have way too many scraps in my work area so I just started pulling some and tried to coordinate. Then I lost the desire to coordinate, but somehow it still works here.
I purchased some lace a few weeks ago because I've been seeing it on more and more projects and I thought today'd be a good day to try it out.
I have a lot going on here. That's why I mentioned it as "The World's Best Looking Greeting Card". Here are the elements from the designer's perspective - that would be me:
- Used the Cuttlebug and inked the dry embossing
- Used the sewing machine to add more texture
- Stamped on the patterned paper for added effect
- Used a journaling stamp, but did not journal - ah, ha ...
- Created the flower using felt, muslim, stamp and button - love that
- Used felt and die cuts to cut out heart and the letter 'u' - that was tricky since my felt is flimsy and the heart and letter did not cut cleanly; had to use scissors
- How about that ribbon? It's got the wire in it so I could fluff it up (still working on my bow making skills)
- And finally, the bling - a heart bling - it's all about the bling!
Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: craft supply
patterned paper: Basic Grey
stamp: Scrappy Cat
dry embossing, heart and alpha die cuts: : Cuttlebug
button: Foof a la
bling and felt: unknown