Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The World's Best Looking Greeting Card

Okay ... so I was a bit over the top w/the title post, but a girl can dream right? And in my world it's all about the dreams.

This card is based on a 2 Sketches 4 You sketch. This week it was Laura at the helm. Sometimes I scratch my head w/sketches, but not this time. I have way too many scraps in my work area so I just started pulling some and tried to coordinate. Then I lost the desire to coordinate, but somehow it still works here.

I purchased some lace a few weeks ago because I've been seeing it on more and more projects and I thought today'd be a good day to try it out.

I have a lot going on here. That's why I mentioned it as "The World's Best Looking Greeting Card". Here are the elements from the designer's perspective - that would be me:
  • Used the Cuttlebug and inked the dry embossing
  • Used the sewing machine to add more texture
  • Stamped on the patterned paper for added effect
  • Used a journaling stamp, but did not journal - ah, ha ...
  • Created the flower using felt, muslim, stamp and button - love that
  • Used felt and die cuts to cut out heart and the letter 'u' - that was tricky since my felt is flimsy and the heart and letter did not cut cleanly; had to use scissors
  • How about that ribbon? It's got the wire in it so I could fluff it up (still working on my bow making skills)
  • And finally, the bling - a heart bling - it's all about the bling!
This card is truly one of my favs and it did not take forever to make. Oh, I'm also submitting this to Card-A-Licious. And yes, it is as yummy as it sounds. The challenge was to use a journaling spot.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: craft supply
patterned paper: Basic Grey
stamp: Scrappy Cat
ink: VersaMagic
dry embossing, heart and alpha die cuts: : Cuttlebug
ribbon: Wright's
button: Foof a la
stamp: Inkadinkado
bling and felt: unknown
lace: Wyla/Joann
other: sewing

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

WOW!!!!
This card is amazing!!!
I LOVE everything about it!!
Girl, you are super talented!!!

October 22, 2008 7:11 AM  
Blogger danni reid. said...

this is an absolutely stunning card!

October 22, 2008 9:53 AM  
Blogger Laura Davis said...

This is beautiful Kim! Yes it's been a slow week???
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

October 22, 2008 12:18 PM  
Blogger papertrails leaver said...

Holy Moly! I see why this a fave! It's beautiful! So soft! It should be the winner!

October 22, 2008 1:05 PM  
Blogger **Nancy** said...

Wow! This card is fabulous!!! I love all your details!

October 22, 2008 3:21 PM  
Blogger ~dawne said...

This is beautiful...I love all the texture you have going on with this card. Love it.

October 22, 2008 4:05 PM  
Blogger Nicole Maki said...

Love all the gorgeous textures and layers.

You should b very pleased with this amazing card.

October 22, 2008 4:06 PM  
Blogger Rosanne said...

it is a gorgeous card!

October 22, 2008 10:08 PM  
Blogger Sherry Wright said...

Wow, it IS the best.. awesome job!!

October 23, 2008 5:45 PM  
Blogger Danielle Flanders said...

WOWIE! I love your card, it's gorgeous!!

October 23, 2008 6:08 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

beautiful card! very elegant

October 23, 2008 8:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love all the different textures.

October 24, 2008 12:55 PM  
Blogger Eveline said...

Great card.
Eveline.

October 25, 2008 2:06 PM  
Blogger tomiannie said...

Very pretty!

October 25, 2008 2:07 PM  
Blogger Savitri said...

Very pretty!! Awesome awesome. I am looking forward to doing more challenges. It's a bit rough starting out again after being off for a few weeks. Mojo's not all back.

November 03, 2008 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home