Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday :: 2 Sketches 4 You & Hero Arts

It did not seem to take me long to make this card. I started on it last night. Not quite what I envisioned, but I do like it. Hard not like the K&Co papers. I like the pink because the card is not so matchy-matchy.

It's the stamping that I am a bit iffy about. I do love that Hero Arts 'happy' stamp. But I did not do well stamping on the edges/creases. I should know better. I intended to go off the edges, but, well ... I wanted grungy and I got what I got, right? Oh, well.

Oh, and of course I would have a sewing glitch. Yeah, it got a little nasty. I was trying to adjust the tension because I was using craft threat, but the paper still got a bit stuck in the machine. I tried to recover. I had sewn about an inch or more; I pulled out those stitches, re-threaded the machine using regular thread instead of the craft thread and sewed over the original area. Then I covered it up w/that cute little butterfly - embellishments doing what they do ... embellish! Love that.

Oh, for the 2 Sketches 4 You sketch, I turned this sketch counterclockwise - for no particular reason.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Bazzill
patterned paper: K&Co.
stamps: Hero Arts ('happy' and 'just...'); Making Memories ('birthday'); Inkadinkado (writing and post mark)
butterfly punch: Martha Stewart/EK Success
rick rack: Creative Impression
ink: VersaMark, VersaMagic and Tim Holtz/Ranger
embossing powder: Ranger
other: sewing

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kath Stewart said...

great take on the sketch - such a beautiful card
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

October 16, 2008 2:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the way you turned the sketch Kim - totally works for your design but I think my fav part is that little butterfly perched at the top - nice touch :)

October 16, 2008 5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice card. grate colors ... Hugs, Sonia

October 16, 2008 7:06 PM  
Blogger Lea L. said...

Very pretty! Love the heat embossing that you did! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

October 16, 2008 9:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very pretty card! Love how you rotated it.

October 17, 2008 3:40 AM  
Blogger Eveline said...

Beautiful card. Love the stitching;)
Eveline.

October 17, 2008 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home