Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cuttlebug Challenge :: week 3

Another week and another challenge over at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog. This week's challenge almost crippled me. Sometimes I just don't want to think outside of the box.

The challenge was to make something other than a card or layout. I had to make a list of things I might be interest in making: magnets, book marks, ATCs ... yeah, it was a short list for me. But then I sort of got an idea that I had wanted to try out last year, but never got around to it. I had to high tail it to Michaels and find the star that I ended up altering. I know that Pat Catans has paper ones, but Pat Catans ain't so close to where I live. The one here is metal.

This project was not simple in the least. I ended up creating a parallelogram template to use for each point on the star. Who wants to do alegbra at my age? Took me a couple of tries to get it near right. But wah-lah! I like the way it looks, though I am going to go back and use some Modge Podge on it because the paper is not staying on.

Oh, and love that paper, right? Basic Grey does not disappoint. I used paper from a couple of different lines. I think it's Figgy Pudding and Dasher or Blitzen.

Well, thanks for reading my post ... here's what I used:
patterened paper: Basic Grey
dry embossing: Cuttlebug (one of the small snowflake folders)
ink: VersaMagic
star: Michaels
ribbon: American Crafts

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Love the star.. I hope my husband takes my 100 hints and gets me my cuttlebug. lol.. So you are a Ohio State fan? That is awesome. So am I ... I live in Mansfield Ohio so im pretty close to the craziness each weekend.

October 19, 2008 8:26 AM  
Blogger lauren bergold said...

who wants to do algebra at ANY age??! ...and yet...this gorgeous project makes it seem tempting! (♥LOVE♥ this!!!)

ps: if modpodge doesn't work, what about diamond glaze...or better yet...spray adhesive?? (metal IS indeed tricky!)

October 21, 2008 9:15 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

This star is AWESOME! Great job with the algebra......I remember that word, I just had the hairs raise down the back of my neck.

You know, I have had my 'bug for about a year now, and I have NEVER even thought about embossing something other than a card layer! You have inspired me. Thank you :-).

Sam.

October 31, 2008 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home