Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Birthday :: sketch this 70 / Color Inspiration 25

I haven't been over the sketch this in a bit, so I popped over to see what this week's sketch looked like. Nice enough for me. I was able to pull this card together in no time.

I'm doubling up on this card because I also checked out Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge. This was kinda cool too. There are four colors, but I only managed to get in three of the four.

Here's the thing about this card, the flowers are so likable. For the sheer flower, I used a milk jug. That's right, I rinsed it out and let it dry, and then I cut out the flat panels. I took my Sizzix flower die and ran it through my Cuttlebug and wah lah! I wanted to add some alcohol inks, but I was not in the mood to experiment and/or make a mess.

I'm also liking that 'happy birthday' epoxy. It's from Making Memories. Finally, the other flower gets some cool points too. Mainly because of the metal embellishment in the center. It's from K&Co. Just adds a nice touch.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock, button and paper flower: Bazzill
patterned paper: Basic Grey
metal embellishment: K&Co.
epoxy sentiment: Making Memories
flower die cut: Sizzix
rick rack: Creative Impression
floss: DMC
other: sewing, staples and plastic milk jug

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Such a pretty card! Great!

October 10, 2008 2:57 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

This is gorgeous!!

October 10, 2008 3:54 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Such a pretty card! The flowers are great!

October 10, 2008 3:56 PM  
Blogger Audrey Pettit said...

Your card is really cute! I just popped over from the Sketch This site to see what you had done with the sketch, and I am super impressed. Love that you recycled a milk jug for your flower.

October 14, 2008 7:34 AM  
Blogger Savitri said...

Oh oh oh, this is awesome too!!! Love it!

October 14, 2008 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home