Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Thanks :: 2 Sketches 4 You


It's funny, most of my cards from the 2 Sketches 4 You sketches are Thanks and Thank You cards. That is so unintentional, yet interesting and funny to me.

What is also funny, how my card turned out based on the sketch. It does not totally match up, but these things are up for interpretation, right? I thought that the vertical pattern on the paper was complimentary to the vertical sections in the sketch. As for the two circles @ the bottom of the sketch, I wanted to add another flower, but the one is plenty.


Speaking of the flower, I used a Sizzix die and cut it from Fun Foam. Love that bling too. It's from Joann/CK. The sentiment is a $1 stamp from Micheals. I was going to stamp in like a pink, but that Tim Holtz Weathered Wood nearly matches the flourish underneath it; I love it when these things work out.

What almost did not work out was the sewing. I used some craft thread in the sewing machine, but I did not adjust the tension, so the first panel that I made got all ripped up. Note to self: do the sewing first and the stamping last when possible.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Bazzill
patterned paper: Making Memories
fun foam: unknown
flower die: Sizzix
bling: Joann/CK
stamp: Michaels $1
other: sewing

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Laura Davis said...

Kim this is just beautiful! I love the layered look:)
Laura

October 08, 2008 10:36 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

So FABULOUS -- LOVE the color, the stitching, the flower -- everything! :)

October 08, 2008 11:43 PM  
Blogger Eveline said...

Great card.
Eveline.

October 09, 2008 3:39 AM  
Blogger Joke said...

Very nice take on the sketch. I love the stitching!

October 09, 2008 7:09 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

Very pretty, love all the detail and colors you used.
Carrie

October 09, 2008 11:36 AM  
Blogger **Nancy** said...

Gorgeous!!! I love your card!!

October 09, 2008 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards.... all of them :)

October 12, 2008 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home