Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Holiday Card :: cps 85

I finally got around to making some cards this week. I was really into it last night and out of the blue the power went out - not all of it mind you, but just enough that I could not do the sewing - and I just had to have some sewing.

When things finally got back to normal this afternoon, I was still in the mood to sew, heck, I even took the time to change the color of the thread - twice!

I do like the results. I put a lot of thought into this card using this weeks Card Positioning Systems (cps) sketch. I love the Papertrey Ink papers, but I only have the swatches so this was a good sketch to put them to use. Also, I wanted to have the feel of using the ribbon like you would if you were wrapping a gift. Finally, that little christmas tree is adorable and it says "We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!" How cool is that? I thought cutting it out and adding foam tape would add a bit of punch. One more thing, I was going to use red ribbon w/a pattern, but I went for the monochromatic look. Love that.

I also entered this card in Steph's Stamptoberfest Happy Holidays Stamp Challenge on 2Peas.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Bazzill
patterned paper: Papertrey Ink
stamp: Studio G/Michaels $1
ribbon: Michaels
ink: VersaMagic
dry embossing: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
other: sewing

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

These are both so beautiful!

October 08, 2008 11:01 PM  
Blogger Charity Hassel said...

i think this is gorgeous! it's so classy! thanks for using the cps sketch!

October 10, 2008 9:56 PM  
Blogger Keri Lee Sereika said...

Ok this is downright awesome! I love the muted colors! thanks for playing along this week (as always!!)

October 11, 2008 7:10 AM  
Blogger Rika said...

wonderful cards!

October 11, 2008 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog caught my eye because my email is "radiosanders@yahoo.ca". I'm a former news announcer(14 years) Anywhooo, I'm so glad I looked because your cards are fantastic! I especially love this one!

October 21, 2008 1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home