Thursday, September 25, 2008

September Blog Hop

I'm way too excited about this month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop. I have missed the last two. One because I was out of town and the other because I had absolutely no creative juice for what to do w/a cd case other than its initial use. Shame on me, eh? But I'm back, yes indeed!

So, here I am w/an actual idea and participation. My idea is not unique, as a matter of fact, I saw it on the Hero Arts Blog. I just love the idea of handmade book marks. I do a lot of reading, but you would not believe what I use as book marks: receipts, paper scraps, post it notes, torn pieces of newspapers, old bills or junk mail ... I could go on. How nice, to actually have a book mark for the purpose of marking my place in a book? So I've decided to give these to my reading group as an early holiday gift. There are only seven of us, so it's not a lofty project and of course, one for me as well.

The tree and the sentiment on the book mark are both $1 stamps from Michaels. For the stamped background, I used three different $1 stamps from Michaels that all say "Happy Holidays". Love that VersaMark look. And my seldom used colored pencils came in handy here.

As for the card, well, I've had that stamp- the trees - for some time. One of those wonderful $1 stamps from Michaels too. It looked so cute, like they usually do, but I've never used it. I got out my colored pencils here as well. Love that. I think I've used the Holiday Cheer stamp before. Maybe not. It's from Anna Griffin. Oh, and do you see the hint of Papertrey Ink Holiday Vintage paper? Yep, thanks Nichole for the free sample.

Enough gabbing, gotta hop around, right? Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: craft supply
patterned paper: Papertrey Ink
dry embossing: Cuttlebug
stamps: Michaels $1 = Katie & Co., Studio G and Oogaloo; Anna Griffin
ink: Tim Holtz/Ranger
colored pencils: EK Success and Loew-Cornell
circle punch: EK Success
other: sewing

Labels: , , , , , , ,

23 Comments:

Blogger Scrapping Julie said...

the card and bookmarks are awesome!!

September 25, 2008 8:24 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

What a perfect gift idea for your book group! Your bookmarks turned out great.

September 25, 2008 8:53 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Holmes said...

Very cute! You used two of my favs...Kraft cardstock and the Swiss Dots embossing folder!

September 25, 2008 8:55 PM  
Blogger B said...

Love the bookmarks! Such a great idea for your book club! :-) I bet they'll love it!

September 25, 2008 8:55 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I use the most random things for bookmarks too! This is a great idea!

September 25, 2008 9:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

great bookmarks!!

September 25, 2008 9:00 PM  
Blogger whoistracy said...

These are adorable! What great layouts. Love them all.

September 25, 2008 9:13 PM  
Blogger amber said...

Great ideas! I loved that idea on the Hero Arts site!

September 25, 2008 9:14 PM  
Blogger Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

All of these are just adorable!

September 25, 2008 9:22 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

I love the bookmarks... I think they would make great cards too, love the shape of them!

September 25, 2008 9:25 PM  
Blogger Regan said...

great project!

September 25, 2008 9:39 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Great projects! Love the Kraft Paper for these wonderful homespun cards and gift ideas!

September 25, 2008 9:48 PM  
Blogger Lizzie Jones said...

Cool bookmarks! I may have to try them.

September 25, 2008 10:17 PM  
Blogger One Creative Life said...

Love these bookmarks. I have been wanting to make some and these are too cute!

September 25, 2008 10:38 PM  
Blogger Donelda said...

I really LOVE these bookmarks -- REALLY!!! You did a fantastic job!! Totally have inspired me to pull out my pencil crayons and color on some Kraft!! Thanks so much!!

September 25, 2008 11:13 PM  
Blogger Debbie Olson said...

Love your kraft and swiss dots! I've been playing with those lately too. Great idea on the bookmarls as well!

September 25, 2008 11:56 PM  
Blogger IamDerby said...

very pretty! Love the quaint look they have.

September 26, 2008 12:11 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful!! Love the kraft paper and your colors!! :)

September 26, 2008 12:18 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Nice job. Cool bookmarks.

September 26, 2008 12:15 PM  
Blogger Jak Heath said...

love them, the bookmarks are so cute.

September 26, 2008 12:50 PM  
Blogger Marge said...

Great card & I LOVE those bookmarks & bet your reading group will too!!!

September 27, 2008 12:01 AM  
Blogger Sherry Wright said...

These are awesome.. love the trees!!

September 27, 2008 7:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

love these - great colours.

September 27, 2008 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home