Thursday, December 04, 2008

Holiday Wishes :: A Card for Multiple Challenges

This card fits the bill for three (3) challenges. You might be like "wow". But my lesson is learned here. From here on out, I will primarily do just one (1) or two (2) challenges at a time. Three sort of seems like a jack-of-all-trades, master of none. I think my card just looks so-so and that if I would have focus on two challenges I would have had a better result. And I actually wanted to add a fourth element: using the 'spotlight' stamp technique for 2Peas' final week of Stamp Camp.

The three (3) challenges being attempted:
  1. Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration #33
  2. Card Positioning Systems (CPS) card sketch #93
  3. Hero Arts Make-It-In-Minutes Card Challenge
The biggest challenge was using the Color Inspiration colors: chocolate chip, pumpkin pie, taken w/teal, certainly celery and whisper white. The colors look good in the image, but not so easy to duplicate on a small canvas like a card.

I do like this week's CPS card sketch. Nice that I had the small embossing folders from Cuttlebug to add the snowflake. I do like the rhinestone at the snowflakes center. Nice touch. I like using sketches ... just one less thing to think about while card making.

And finally for the Hero Arts Challenge ... make a quick card. This was sort of quick in that I had a sketch and the colors and just had to coordinate, hence, the challenge.

I like the dry embossing on the horizontal strip. It's from the Cuttlebug heart die and embossing folders set. I just embossed half of the strip and then embossed the other half.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Archivers, Bazzill and craft supply
patterned paper: K&Co.
dry embossing: Cuttlebug
stamp: Hero Arts
ink: VersaMark
embossing powder: Joann
rhinestone and felt: unknown
other: sewing

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Leonie said...

I think your card is far from soso, it looks great, very original and has a very masculine appeal which I always find hard to achieve, great job!

December 04, 2008 4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewww! Awe! I likey! A lot! Thanks for sharing! This is amazing!

December 04, 2008 8:05 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Gorgeous card!! I love your layout and how you used the colors from the challenge! I think you did a fantastic job!

December 04, 2008 8:07 PM  
Blogger Savitri said...

You and multiple challenges :) Awesome looking! I really like the embossing. That's super nice!!

December 05, 2008 12:12 AM  
Blogger Keri Lee Sereika said...

Very cool card! Way to build in multi challenges! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CPS!

December 05, 2008 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home