Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thank You :: Color Inspiration 31 and Hero Arts

I've gone and created a 'wowser'. Well, actually I was uncertain as to how this one would turn out and - to me - it has a wow factor. I've been seeing some cards that have more of a white card base. I usually use olive or other colored cardstock as a base. I also like the white card base w/a panel of white on top and in this case using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing adds such a nice touch.

I used Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge. As you can see, the image that she uses is rustic and seasonal, but I did not tap into that feeling. I do like the mix of pumpkin and cocoa, but even the eggplant and the saffron bring a nice warm touch. And those are colors, but could easily be a meal. :-)

Now, for the Hero Arts Challenge:
"This week I challenge you to create a thank you card that uses at least one stamped scrap and one Hero Arts stamp."
I think I followed the instructions. I just purchased the Thank You stamp in the upper left corner. It's in a set of acrylic stamps - Heartfelt Messages. I am learning that I like rubber stamps better in many cases. I like the Tim Holtz inks and they do not work well w/the acrylic stamps. IMO. I've tried to use an eraser to take off the residue and create better absorbency, but no luck.

Lots of fun to be had w/these weekly challenges.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock and patterned paper: Die Cuts With a View (DCWV)
stamps: Hero Arts (Thank you's); Inkadinkdo: (script)
ink: VersaMagic and VersaMark
embossing powder: Ranger
fabric brad: The Paper Studio
dry embossing: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Textile Texture
ribbon: Joann
circle and flower punch: EK Success

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE all the stamping on this card...very very beautiful! ~Donna

November 18, 2008 11:08 PM  
Blogger Leonie said...

Gorgeous, and what a perfect bow!

November 19, 2008 2:54 AM  
Blogger Traveling Mama said...

Too cute! Love the embossing!

November 19, 2008 4:16 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

WOW! How gorgeous!

November 20, 2008 12:41 PM  
Blogger Kate's Life said...

Great card! I love how you mixed the 2 different embossing folders! Awesome card!

November 20, 2008 1:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful! I'm definitely a big fan of your cards!

November 22, 2008 1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home