Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Color Inspiration Challenge #23

I've seen a variety of color related challenges on the web. Sometimes I just peruse and think, how cool. Rarely do I get involved. But after I checked out last week's Color Inspiration Challenge on Kristina Werner's blog I wished I could have been a part of all the fun. I really like the way she displays the Top 10/20. It all looks so yummy.

So here I am a week later and in the mix. Yea. I went the simple route for this card. I have a burgundy card base. Then I matted some cardstock after running a piece through the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. I took a strip of Basic Grey's Sugared, which seems to have many of the colors in this week's Color Inspiration Challenge: burgundy, chocolate, pumpkin, saffron and olive. So you can see, how simple.

Oh, I covered the chipboard flower w/Basic Grey patterned paper (from Lily Kate) and added a naked Bazzill button. Finally, I pulled out the heat gun and heat embossed the Hero Arts Happy Birthday stamp. Used an EK Success circle punch and adhered it to the card using some foam tape. That's it.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock and button: Bazzill
patterned paper: Basic Grey
chipboard flower: unknown
stamp: Hero Arts
embossing powder: Ranger
ink: VersaMark
circle punch: EK Success
dry embossing: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

I was exactly the same way, I would follow the challenges closely but never participate hehehe now I am in my fourth It is very fun.

I love your card the colors look so great this way!!! Ready to make it to the top ten on the first try? hehe good luck!

September 17, 2008 2:11 PM  
Blogger Savitri said...

Glad you're playing!! Lovely card! Love how you put the colors and design together!

September 17, 2008 2:16 PM  
Blogger Regan said...

cool card!!!

September 17, 2008 3:31 PM  
Blogger Shawntel said...

This is simple and sweet! I love the chipboard addition! So Cute!

September 18, 2008 7:20 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Gorgeous card!!! I love the flower and the button!! Too cute!!

September 19, 2008 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home