Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Feelin the Fabric :: 2 Sketches 4 You

Thanks for stopping by my blog ... just so happens that today is my birthday! Yea, me.

Wow, wow ... I am bit excited because I am very much in like w/this card. I've been wanting to use more fabric on my cards, but I just have not. Actually, I've been inspired by lurking on Donna Downey's blog and website; she had lots of fabric albums that are quite nice.

Well, my friend Ericka is an interior designer and she was 'purgin' the other day and had lots of fabric swatches that she was going to toss out. Lucky me. That's all is need are the swatches; most of them are at least a foot long. I just love the patterns and colors; mostly neutral/earth tones which is just my speed.

I like the rustic, natural and messy look of this card. But considering I have still not mastered the art of sewing a straight line w/my sewing machine, messy and unfinished is the look that I will get whether I strive for it or not. :-)

Oh, this card is based on Kazan's sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You.

So thanks for looking .... here's what I used:
cardstock: craft supply
fabric: Ashley Manor and muslin
stamp: Stampabilities
ink: Staz-On and Tim Holtz/Ranger
flower: ??
button: Foof a la
rick rack: Creative Impressions
dry embossing: Cuttlebug Textile Texture
embroidery floss: DMC
twine: Darice
other: sewing machine

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

23 Comments:

Blogger papertrails leaver said...

Oh this is fab! I love the rustic appeal!
Happy Birthday!

August 06, 2008 12:44 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Happy Birthday, Radiogirl! Hope your day was filled with great memories! :)

Awesome card! Love all the different textures, and the ric rac is so yummy!

You are really lucky to have a friend who can offer you her fabric swatches...what a great way to start a fabric stash! ;-D Have fun using all the new fabric!

August 06, 2008 1:55 AM  
Blogger Kath Stewart said...

This is absolutely gorgeous - love the fabric, great stitching and adore that ric rac
Kath
xxxxx
Happy Birthday

August 06, 2008 1:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous - I love the all fabric look and am I huge neutral rustic fan too :) Love it!

August 06, 2008 3:18 PM  
Blogger Lost in Paper said...

Beautiful!! I love all the "fabric" elements and the rustic feel!!

August 06, 2008 5:08 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!

August 06, 2008 5:32 PM  
Blogger Lori K said...

This is an excellent card! i love the different textures and country feel. Hope your birthday was happy.

August 06, 2008 11:12 PM  
Blogger Joke said...

I love the idea of using these materials. Very lovely card, wish I could feel it too.

Joke

August 07, 2008 6:01 AM  
Blogger SmilynStef said...

Wow ... this is so cool ... love the fabric and muslin ... I can't sew straight either :^) ... just work with what you have!

August 07, 2008 7:36 AM  
Blogger SueStampin Daly said...

Very cool card!!! Love the fabric. Hey there Happy Birthday

August 07, 2008 8:15 AM  
Blogger danni reid. said...

happy birthday! love the fabric on this, beautiful card!

August 07, 2008 10:12 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I'm a little late, but Happy Birthday! Your card is great...I love the fabric!

Katie

August 08, 2008 2:25 AM  
Blogger Pearl said...

Happy Belated B-day !

Glad to hear you enjoyed it as you should !

Very charming card ! love the Cb embossing ! & the fabric together !

August 08, 2008 12:38 PM  
Blogger anne bodil said...

Beautiful card!! i love the fabric.

August 08, 2008 3:55 PM  
Blogger ~Carla~ said...

Beautiful card!! I absolutely love that you used fabric!!! Wow! :)

August 08, 2008 5:44 PM  
Blogger tomiannie said...

Gorgeous! I love the fabric.

August 09, 2008 10:12 PM  
Blogger Steph Jacobson said...

love the fabric--what a great idea!

August 10, 2008 11:26 AM  
Blogger Angie Tieman said...

Fabulous card!! Love those fabrics! Congrats on the Top 5!

August 10, 2008 12:57 PM  
Blogger **Nancy** said...

Gorgeous card!

August 10, 2008 3:43 PM  
Blogger Lisette Gibbons said...

Congrats on making it to the top 5!

August 10, 2008 3:44 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Great card! Love the fabrics you used! congrats on being a Fab5 over at 2S4Y, you deserved it!

:)

August 10, 2008 10:10 PM  
Blogger TesaB said...

What a wonderful card! Love the texture and softness it ads to it! Congrats to the "fab 5"!!!

August 11, 2008 1:12 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

Fabulous card...Love those fabrics Congrats on being a Fab5.

Sony :)

August 11, 2008 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home