Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge :: 16

This week's Cuttlebug Challenge is to create a card using distressing. You can sand it, ink it, tear the edges and/or use a distressing tool.

Well, I've had some fun w/distressing in the past. Not that this card was not fun because it was, but it was not elaborate in the area of distressing. It does not really live up to my 'distressed past'. (lol).

Actually, the stamped panel I had laying around - torn edges and all. I guess I had planned on using it and just had not gotten around to it. I thought that the yellow would add more color. It has a white core, so I did sand it though it is not so visible.

That's about it for this simple one.

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: Bazzill and Die Cuts With a View/DCWV
patterned paper: Basic Grey
stamps: Whispers (to my friend) and Inkadinkado (flower)
ink: VersaMagic and Tim Holtz
other: sewing

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Mrs J said...

Beautifully distressed Kim! Gorgeous card and I love the colours you've used. I had fun with this challenge too!
Hugs Mrs Jx

January 28, 2009 8:00 AM  
Blogger Trudi said...

Very pretty card Kim, I like the subtle stamped image.

January 28, 2009 9:38 AM  
Blogger Ali Watson said...

Ooo fab colours and great distressing.

January 28, 2009 9:52 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Lovely card Kim! I love your take on the challenge...wasn't it fun? :-)

January 28, 2009 11:18 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

I love the subtleness of the stamped image too and the simple statement.

Great card and distressing is fun - I know the amount of time I put into cutting the squares and then embossing them was certainly distressing. lol

Ann xxx

January 28, 2009 11:38 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

fab card, lovely colours and great stamp
AllisonX

January 28, 2009 1:54 PM  
Blogger Eva said...

Wonderful card and great stamping!

January 28, 2009 2:07 PM  
Blogger Divinewoman said...

I really like your card, looks like alot of work. But it's worth the outcome. I enjoy looking at your cards. If you like too check out my blog, it's Divinewoman.

January 28, 2009 4:39 PM  
Blogger SueStampin Daly said...

Very pretty!!

January 28, 2009 4:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love that houndstooth!

January 28, 2009 6:19 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

veryyyyyyy cool looking...luv the colours...ty

January 31, 2009 1:50 AM  
Blogger Deb M. said...

Love the pattern. Beautiful colors.

TFS!!

February 01, 2009 3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home