Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Masking - Butterfly Card

I made this card for DIY Die Cutting week 2 on Two Peas in a Bucket. At first, I thought I would not be interested in this class, but there are always some nice tips and I love seeing their samples. This week's class was hosted by Kristina Werner. Love her work.

So I had some time to do this card. I used my Cuttlebug butterfly die cut. I don't use it enough, but it will show up again in the next few days.

I like the masking technique ... basically you are inking around the die cut. My problem is that I don't have a sponge, so I just used the small Color Box ink pad. I was unsure of how it would come out w/the butterfly since there are some fine details, but it works. I had intended to use the butterfly die cut on the card as well, but I always go back to my mantra ... "simple is best".

Thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: craft supply
patterned paper: Basic Grey
ribbon: Offray
die cut: Cuttlebug
stamp: Hero Arts
Ink: Color Box

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

`Beautiful`...
Have a lovely Day Kim:)x

May 19, 2009 6:36 AM  
Blogger Divinewoman said...

This is such a beautiful card. I love just seeing, how you use the Basic Grey papers.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards!

May 27, 2009 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home