Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge :: 30

First of all, a big thanks for those whose participated in this past weekend's Cuttlebug Spa Weekend and the Blog Hop. Wow, lots of folks stopped by and it was so much fun.

This week's Cuttlebug Challenge was to make a wedding/anniversary project. The die cuts were provided by Creative Cuts and More.

I used the purse die cut. Quite the cutie. Though it nearly left me baffled as to what to do with it. I'm just lacking my creative mojo these days. With wedding, I thought simplicity, so I kept the white (I was tempted to do some inking, but no ...). I did not think that the heart embossing would work out, but I did test it out on scrap paper first. So the heart is on both the front and back of the purse. Then I wanted to stamp inside of the heart, but ... simplicity, right? I thought that the ribbon was a nice touch to make it not so plain.

The card was super simple. I love the split embossing (NOTE: I did not have time to locate tutorials on split embossing, but try searching on Splitcoast Stampers or Mel Stampz) . I almost put a ribbon on this, but I did not like my white ribbon selection.

This was fun ... thanks for looking ... here's what I used:
cardstock: craft supply
die cut: Creative Cuts and More
stamp: unknown
ink: VersaMagic
embossing powder: Joann
dry embossing: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Decorative Hearts
ribbon: unknown

Labels: , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Nathalia Castellon said...

This is simplicity in utter perfection Kim! Beautiful job this week! :)

May 06, 2009 10:01 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

soo elegant looking
Allisonx

May 06, 2009 10:17 AM  
Blogger Lea L. said...

Very beautiful and elegant! I love the added embossing, and that you kept the project pure white...it is perfect! Great job this week!

~Lea

May 06, 2009 11:38 AM  
Blogger Mrs J said...

Simply stunning and elegant Kim! Everything is so beautiful in the pure white and absolutely perfect for a wedding. Your embossing looks fantastic too!
Hugs Mrs Jx

May 06, 2009 12:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love how crisp and clean this set is! Stunning!

May 06, 2009 2:46 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Love the heart embossed on the little purse! Love the card...beautiful work on the challenge Kim!!

May 07, 2009 12:35 AM  
Blogger lisa808 said...

So pretty.

May 07, 2009 2:05 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

These beautiful projects are truly elegant in their simplicity...you did a fabulous job on this challenge working with the die cut purse! I love the embossed heart on it, and the matching card is simply lovely!

May 07, 2009 12:46 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Beautiful Kim!!! Love how you used all white paper. The heart embossing on the little purse is so darling! Great job.
Hugs
Amber

May 08, 2009 4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been tagged!

May 09, 2009 6:31 AM  
Blogger sunshinecardsandjewelry said...

Just elegant and I love the card it makes it even more elegant. Nice job.

May 11, 2009 10:09 PM  
Blogger Liz Weber said...

Oh that bag and card are just devine - your work is just so wonderful TFS

May 18, 2009 1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home