Sunday, July 25, 2010

Papertrey July Blog Hop Challenge

It's been a while since I participated in a Papertrey Ink Blog Hop. This month's theme is to use office supplies.

What a challenge for me since I don't have any craft supplies w/me while I visit the States this summer. Bless my mom for sharing the wealth of goodies that she has.

I still kept it simple.

Here's the thing though: I recently purchased some of the Impressabilities from Spellbinders. The price was good and I thought 'why not?'. But after they arrived and I discovered that they weren't like the Cuttlebug embossing folders (the Impressabilities are more like metal stencils rather than plastic folders), I was worried that I would not be able to use the Impressabilities in the Cuttlebug.

After some searching, I found an Impressabilities tutorial on Facebook w/some details that were useful and even some info about inking the Impressabilities and using them to do something like letterpress. I just had to give that a try. And it worked quite nicely.

Thanks for looking. Here's what I used (my apology that I don't have any Papertrey Ink products ... yet):

cardstock: Coredinations and Bazzill
stamp: Hero Arts
embossing: Impressabilities
ink: VersaColor
ribbon: JoAnns
staples: Making Memories

Labels: , , , ,

25 Comments:

Blogger Betty Wright said...

Beautiful colors and design! Great touch with the staple, too! Lovely card!

July 25, 2010 8:46 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Very pretty!!! I love those colors.

July 25, 2010 9:04 PM  
Blogger Diane Jaquay said...

This is so LOVELY!!

July 25, 2010 9:18 PM  
Anonymous Melissa Bickford said...

So soft and elegant!

July 25, 2010 9:22 PM  
Blogger Marge said...

SOOO beautiful!!!

July 25, 2010 9:30 PM  
Blogger Andrea M said...

Gorgeous! Great job! Such beautiful colors :)

July 25, 2010 9:37 PM  
Blogger Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful!

July 25, 2010 10:06 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Oh my - don't you just love those impressabilities - they work really wonderfully with chalk ink as well! and a word of warning - if you get started with Papertrey you will be hooked lol!!

July 25, 2010 10:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's elegant and gorgeous!

July 25, 2010 10:09 PM  
Blogger Debra said...

Gorgeous colors and love the background!

July 25, 2010 10:28 PM  
Blogger Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is so pretty!

July 25, 2010 10:31 PM  
Blogger Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous! Great work (and thanks to your mom for sharing!)!

July 25, 2010 10:34 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

So soft and pretty! And the two staples at an angle are just right!

July 25, 2010 10:51 PM  
Blogger peggysue said...

So delicate and pretty, that ribbon is a fabulous touch.

July 25, 2010 10:52 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

What a beautiful card!

July 25, 2010 11:28 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Great job What a pretty card. Love the impression. Glad you were able to join us this month.

July 25, 2010 11:41 PM  
Blogger Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So beautiful, lovely colors!

July 25, 2010 11:47 PM  
Blogger Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your card is beautiful! The impression came out very well.

July 25, 2010 11:50 PM  
Blogger Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Very elegant card!

July 25, 2010 11:54 PM  
Blogger colleenk said...

This is sooo pretty!!! I love the soft colors!

July 26, 2010 12:14 AM  
Blogger Nerina said...

Your impressed paper is utterly beautiful! What a soft elegant project!

July 26, 2010 12:33 AM  
Blogger Ted said...

Delicate and elegant...loving this! :)

July 26, 2010 12:58 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Very pretty! Love the ribbon and the elegant design! Great texture, too!

PS-The shape I used on my card that you commented on is the Top Note die cut from Stampin' Up. Thanks for visiting my blog! HUGS!

July 28, 2010 3:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this card.. it is amazing. Please come and visit my blog too!

Jessica Lynn
http://jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com/

July 30, 2010 10:59 PM  
Blogger kLan said...

Great style! I know I can make like this on my a4 card! You have an excellent design! Keep it up! I'm looking forward for your designs! Thanks =)

August 02, 2010 6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home