Saturday, November 18, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year!



I made these last night. It was tons of fun - actually, I made one last night and finished off the other three today.

I really like the Basic Grey papers. I hope that I can still find them. They have a new line called Dasher that is supposed to match Blitzen, the patterned paper used on these cards.

I had fun making the circle sentiments. I used WordArt in Microsoft Word. It was pretty easy. You can manipulate the fonts in a number of ways including style, size and color. Then I just purchased this super large circle cutter - I think it is a little more than 2 inches and I can't remember the manufacturer off the top of my head. I just need to use a different type of paper because I thought that the ink bled a little on the paper. I am particular like that.

I also like the zig zag stamp that I used. I have one of those mini sewing machines, but I rarely use it. I often see scrapbooking layouts and cards that use stitching and I love it. So using the stamp from Hero Arts is one way to achieve the look with out the equipment.

Lastly, I like the embellishments - the American Crafts ribbon is just the right touch (though not all of it is AC); the Making Memories charm - the present; and isn't the red felt heart adorable? From Joann's, no doubt.

I don't know if I will send them off for someone else to admire or if I will sell them for $3 apiece ... I hope that you like.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home